At Oscar, we provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative & to build an excellent health insurer from the ground up.Weve brought together leaders from top technology & healthcare companies to create an accomplished team, all of whom are passionate about using technology, data, & design to deliver a better healthcare experience.
We're looking for someone to execute on Oscars behavioral health strategy. As the Behavioral Health Program Lead, you will support Oscars pursuit of a value-based, integrated behavioral health model to provide our members with high quality & cost-effective care. You will use your experience & program management skills to collaborate with key Oscar partners in developing value-based strategies, clinical operations & creative care delivery models to deliver behavioral health outcomes for Oscars members & providers.This is a full-time role in Oscars New York office. The role reports to Oscar's Senior Director of Texas Medical.
In this role you will:
Strategy, Leadership & Collaboration
- Become the single point of coordination within Oscar for all behavioral health related operations including: product development, operations, & contracting decisions.
- Interface with Oscar business leads to guide discussions that relate to behavioral health benefits, ensuring work stays on track & removing roadblocks as they arise.
- Contribute to key decision-making & planning related to behavioral health activities & strategy.
- With direction from senior leadership, represent the Oscar Behavioral Health team.
- Develop behavioral health industry subject matter expertise & become the companys go-to resources for all behavioral health-related needs.
- Together with the network team, coordinate all ongoing operations with our behavioral health vendor,interfacing with vendor contacts & looping in the correct Oscar experts as needed.
- Guide regular working sessions & quarterly executive meetings with vendor partners - driving ongoing projects to completion & open issues to resolution.
- Serve as an expert & the go to individual within Oscar for all things behavioral health vendor related.
Required experience & qualifications include:
- BA/BS degree or relevant experience
- 7+ years of work experience, with at least some exposure to behavioral health or managed care operations
- Excellence in process / workflow building & project management in diverse environments
- skills / attributes:
- Ability to move or influence people without formal reporting structure
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills across both technical & non-technical audiences
- A passion for healthcare transformation
- Process-oriented thinker
Bonus points if you have:
- Behavioral health experience
- Experience in a startup: understanding the pace & culture
- Experience working across a matrix organization
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.