The RealReal is leading the way in authenticated luxury consignment, online & in real life at our brick & mortar locations. Founded in 2011, were growing fast & fundamentally changing the way people buy & sell luxury a multi-billion dollar industry. With a team of in-house experts who inspect every item we sell, our commitment to authenticity sets us apart & creates a foundation of trust with shoppers & consignors. Our mission to extend the life cycle of luxury items is leading innovation in sustainable fashion. Were proud to promote the circular economy & to be the first luxury member of the Ellen MacArthur Foundations prestigious CE100 USA.
Employees at The RealReal are dedicated, collaborative & innovative, & were looking for exceptional talent to join our team. Build your career with us & enjoy 401K matching, health, dental & vision insurance, commuter flex spending, healthcare flex spending, generous PTO, a mothers room, & flexible work hours!
This position is based in New York, NY & will report to the Associate Director, Valuations Team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate Luxury Consignment Office appointments, working with clients to provide a relaxed non-contentious experience that educates them on the value of their jewelry & watches in our marketplace
- Maintain strong understanding of pricing trends & the sell thru velocity of their respective category in our marketplace by working with Pricing & Authentication team
- Communicate pricing & authentication methodologies in live appointment setting
- Accountable for the sell thru & velocity of all product brought in through the Luxury Consignment Office
- Accountable for the conversion rate of appointments to consignments
- Accountable for all other requests as necessary to support the Luxury Consignment Office as determined by Associate Director, Valuations Team
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 2-5 years experience working in the luxury space in a customer facing role.
- Sales experience encouraged
- Graduate Gemologist certification from the Gemological Institute of America required
- Passion for delivering a luxury experience each & every day
- Gemological identification experience along with pricing expertise
- Knowledge of watch industry pricing & authenticity
- Polished, professional presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex, time sensitive situations while remaining calm, cool & collected
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written)
- Demonstrates the skill & willingness to take initiative & to proactively anticipate organizational needs including the ability to meet external & internal deadlines as required
- Ability to foresee potential obstacles well in advance of campaign launch dates & to problem solve in order to ensure proper execution of Valuation office processes