At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft understands that the future of a seamless, amazing mobility experience requires more than a great app & great drivers. It also requires a great vehicle. This is why weve reimagined our Driver Centers to include new vehicle services that will not only improve the experience for our customers, but also reduce some of the challenges that come with being a driver. Were continuing to grow our in-house vehicle service centers, where drivers will get high quality, affordable maintenance & repair with lightning speed.
As a Vehicle Service Technician, Collision at Lyft, you will report into our Vehicle Service Manager & will be responsible for the learning, execution, certification & improvement of our work standards & processes, which are an integral part of our overall vehicle service system. Your role as a member of our team, as is everyone's, is to focus on the improvement of the whole system, so that our customer is better served. This work requires teaming, respect, problem solving & collaboration with all parts of our organization, always keeping our customers & fulfillment of their needs as the target. The work is to better understand how your work affects all the other pieces of the process, so that when all work interacts, better outcomes are created.
- Clean all areas (including adjacent panels) of the vehicle to prepare for the taping process
- Inspect all repaired & prepped panels to ensure it meets company standards (i.e. uninformed sanded panels)
- Tape & bag vehicles properly prior to cars entering the paint booth
- Assist with loading & unloading paint booths & securing bags overall vehicle & wheel covers per company standards.
- Inspects all repairs & primed areas prior to preparing the vehicle
- Properly mask off & protect any areas that do not to be sanded
- Properly block sand repaired areas based on company procedures (i.e. using 400 grit sandpaper)
- Properly blend all vehicle panels based on company procedures (i.e. 100+ grit sandpaper)
- Remove all glue & moldings on blend and/or repaired panels
- Properly clean all necessary panels including the adjacent panels
- Review all work to ensure it has met company standards before send to the taping area & remove any debris.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Lead, i.e., assist
- Collision shop experience a plus
- Knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, & materials used in the collision repair of vehicles
- Has knowledge & experience in painting/prepping.
- Must have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Must be able to multitask & have a high level of organizational skills
- Must have a valid unrestricted drivers license
- Have & maintain a satisfactory driving record & be insurable under Lyft's policy
- Ability to use basic hand tools
- Ability to lift & carry 50 lbs
- Capable of standing, walking, & completing repeated physical actions & functions for ~8 hours per day
- Brand new, state of the art equipment
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.