A Service Desk Engineer helps each & every employee at Pluralsight realize their potential with the technology available. As technology grows & advances, our hope is that the potential of each employee is more fully realized. On a day-to-day basis, a Service Engineer will help someone with an Excel issue & then with a conference room problem or a myriad of things between the two. Our goal is to ensure that our technologies work in harmony with each employee, whether that's an intern, full-time employee, contractor or high-level executive. We tutor or explain, the current technologies in our environment, & help to marry that to expectations.
Who you're committed to being:
- A learner, as we acknowledge that none of us have all the answers - we are committed to learning from those around us.
- A teacher, as technology professionals we are committed to teaching those around us with the goal of merging technology into their day-to-day activities
- A self starter, a cornerstone of Pluralsight culture is that we are all adults & do not need to be micromanaged, which means each team member is accountable for their actions.
- Dedicated to Pluralsight values, we don't ask that employees be perfect but we ask that everyone is dedicated to demonstrating our values throughout their career.
- A servant to everyone around you, as a support team member you acknowledge that we are here for the greater good - to democratize technology skills.
What you'll own:
- Ensuring the up-time of all employees & conference rooms
- Hardware inventory & management, adhering to team policies
- Troubleshooting of devices, hardware & software
- Providing access to the tools necessary for job functions
- Troubleshooting network, hardware, software, conference room issues
- Explaining how software & integrations work so that employees can efficiently utilize tools
Experience you'll need:
- A desire to help & serve others
- An ability to troubleshoot root cause of issues
- A detail oriented & logical approach to resolving problems
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate with co-workers & document troubleshooting
- A pleasant demeanor that is approachable & invites both questions & learning opportunities
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Bring yourself. Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.