Lets get to know each other
At Care/of, we help people remove obstacles to living a healthy life by delivering personalized, science-backed vitamins & protein straight to their door in convenient daily packs. As a fast-growing, venture-backed wellness startup, our technology makes it easy (and even fun) for people to get a custom vitamin & protein recommendation based on their diet & health goals goodbye, guesswork. We aim to help people feel empowered to make the right choices for their health by being transparent about the research behind our recommendations & thoughtful about the quality of our products. Weve recently expanded into retail, & are exclusively being sold at Target. (And were excited to meet you.)
What youll do:
The Formulator & Medical Researcher is a core member of the Care/of Innovation & Physical Product Team. They will pair their scientific training & expertise with creativity & passion for natural healing, to create compelling & science-backed new products that advance the Care/of mission. A strong passion for scientific research is required for this role, as it will search the literature for appropriate inspiration for new products & substantiation for product claims. This role requires a curiosity for new dietary ingredients & application of functional herbs, nutrients & foods that broaden the available health benefits to Care/of consumers. This role will play an important and active role delivering the Care/of innovation roadmap & other key strategic initiatives, including both Direct to Consumer & retail partners.
As part of the Formulation & Medical Affairs Team, you will
- Formulate new products that address key Care/of consumers areas of health interest that are safe, effective & supported by all available science.
- Develop compelling scientific summaries that span the literature, locate compelling references & use strong scientific writing skills to build evidence tables & substantiation for the physiological activity & product claims for each formula.
- Review & revise existing products technical files as needed.
- Partner with Regulatory & Scientific Affairs, New Products & Digital, Supply Network, & Quality in a cross-functional manner to facilitate product development from ideation all the way through commercialization.
- Uncover up to date science about vitamins, minerals, nutrients & herbs as a way to continue to showcase how the business stays current with the medical literature.
- Craft & deliver written & verbal medical education presentations that provide product & scientific education for Care/of employees & external audiences who possess varying levels of scientific understanding.
- Participate in clinical research opportunities to further Care/ofs brand & vision.
Who you are:
- A trained practitioner with an advanced applied health science degree (Naturopathic Physician, Master Herbalist, Dietician/Nutritionist, PhD, etc.) that has a strong passion for researching & formulating natural products
- Minimum of 3 years of experience creating new products & conducting scientific research in the dietary supplement and/or functional food industries.
- Thorough knowledge, experience, & deep understanding of GMP regulations as they pertain to 21 CFR Part 111 & how they impact product formulations, raw material ingredients, controlled documents & claims.
- Effective technical researcher & writer with strong interpersonal, communication & analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, & within cross-functional teams.
Extra carrots (preferred, but not required):
- Published scientific author on topics related to applied health & nutrition.
- Passion for herbal medicine & direct experience formulating with them individually as well as combining herbs for maximum benefit & minimum side effects.
- Experience working in or with high-growth start-ups
- Experience in e-commerce of consumer products
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we still encourage you to apply! When submitting a cover letter, please note what makes you perfect for this role with the qualifications you have.
- Competitive salary + compensation package
- Competitive insurance packages with free medical, dental, vision plans.
- Unlimited vacation time because you deserve it.
- Free vitamins & powders
- Wellness perks with free access to online meditation services + fitness reimbursements (at-home workouts count!)
- Virtual team-building events because we value staying connected & building community.
- Socially & culturally relevant experiences geared towards personal + professional learning & development.
- Working with an amazing, fun-loving, spirited group of people.
Our Core Values:
Be Humble: Engage in debate with an open mind. Embrace feedback & being wrong when presented with data that shows there is a better option.
Be Honest: Deliver the truth with humor & love. Recognize & stand up against discrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious background, or mental & physical abilities - in our work & beyond.
Be Thoughtful: Attack hard problems with thoughtful tenacity. Dont shy away from complex problems with complex solutions.
Be Different: Kill your darlings. Dont be afraid to rewrite something once effective, loved, or widely accepted in the past. Evolution is wonderful. Push against banality & the status quo.
Our commitment to you:
At Care/of, were committed to building the best team we can. We hire for potential & support every team member through each step of their career development. Building a diverse, equitable, & inclusive space for our team to think differently & push the status quo is incredibly important to us; & we strive to use these guiding principles as the foundation for how we interact with each other, how we build our business, & how we hold ourselves accountable to our core values.
Care/of does not discriminate & will not make any hiring decisions based on your race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. If you have a disability & require accommodation during our interview process, please let us know how we can help make the interview process fair to your needs.