We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Vice President of Creative Operations to join the Creative team.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will lead the day-to-day management of our Creative teamincluding responsibility for budget, KPIs, prioritization, project management, production, resource coordination, & team management. Partnering with the Executive Creative Director, this role will be accountable for executing creative flawlessly & ensuring that the needs of the business are met. An ideal candidate has strong business acumen to manage creative against our company strategy & goals, is a master of the creative process, has led large & complex teams, & has helped lead top tier creative work into the market. Reporting to a member of our Executive Leadership Team, this role is based at our HQ in SoHo, NYC.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our entire Creative team across Creative Services, Creative Resources, Studio Operations & Production
- Lead & empower a team of high performing discipline leads
- Own & manage the entire Creative team budget & resourcing strategy, working alongside Brand & Growth Marketing leadership on total investment strategy
- Manage creative projects, including prioritization of all incoming briefs, timeline development, & process flows through the last approval
- Partner with the Executive Creative Director to ensure that the operational prowess of the department is seamlessly aligned with our creative endeavors & aspirations
- Represent the Creative team & act as the key point of contact with cross-functional leadershipsynthesizing business goals & priorities into actionable initiatives & process iteration when managing creative resources
- Support creative excellence from pre-production through post-production in the selection of partners & external/internal stakeholder management across Brand, Growth Marketing, Web, Legal, & more
- Set vision for Creative Operations at Away while providing strong leadership & mentorship to team of 25+ (and growing!)
- Leverage data to set, manage, & track Creative team KPIs to understand creative effectiveness & inform future iteration
Who you are:
- Have at least 15+ years of working experience; Creative Services/Operations, Production, Account Management, Studio Management experience required
- Have led large teams (of 25+) & managed development of Creative organizational design
- Have an affinity for purpose driven work & have proven experience in bringing top tier work to fruition
- Have exceptional communication skillsyou are proactive, organized, clear, & action-oriented
- Thrive in fast-moving, complex organizations where Creative sits at the heart of company strategy
- Are a natural problem-solver who is able to navigate multiple stakeholders towards the best business solution
- Can balance efficiency & creative reasoningyou think & act quickly, iterate when necessary, & constantly look for win-win recommendations
- Are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Love to travel (but that's a given)willing to travel for work
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- Education requirements didnt limit the career of our co-founder Jen Rubio, & it won't limit your opportunities at Away either. We do not restrict our application pool based on education degrees, if you have strong professional experience, we want you to apply!
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.