At AlphaSights, we search through more than 500 million professionals working in the world today to find the small handful of experts qualified to answer our clients' needs. They use these insights to drive amazing progress within their organisations. Our mission is to provide access to dispersed, hidden, & underutilized knowledge.
Weve made terrific progress working in this new space, but there is still an incredible amount to do. Weve only just scratched the surface on how we can apply technology to this problem.
AlphaSights' Frontend Engineers build features across our ecosystem of products, both internal & client facing. As a frontend engineer you will build ambitious web applications, on the edge of what is possible with todays browsers. You'll work closely with a variety of people in the business to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, & get feedback directly from users.
We're looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, & learn quickly when new technologies are introduced. We want our senior engineers to lead the thinking in their area of expertise & encourage everyone around them to continuously improve.
- Build & own our frontend architecture
- Push the boundaries of modern frontend engineering to build fast & ambitious web applications
- Work closely with our Product Team to build features that have significant business impact
- Design elegant & intuitive UI components
- Drive forward thinking for frontend technologies at AlphaSights
- Proactively identify & improve our front-end developer experience
- Work in small, nimble teams
- Understand our business context deeply & leverage your engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems
- Contribute to our open source projects
You might be a fit if you:
- Is experienced leading high performing engineering teams, & setting high standards in front-end development
- Understand the complexities of the DOM & CSS, especially how they interact
- Interpret UI performance metrics & address issues accordingly
- Know & understand the implications of the latest developments in ECMAScript
- Learn from & mentor other engineers
- Reason about trade-offs when discussing frontend technologies
- Navigate & write backend code where necessary
- Build UIs to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
- Integrate our software to browsers, web email clients, & web calendars to meet our users needs
- Launch new product initiatives that delight our clients & differentiate our services
- Develop innovative search & discovery interfaces that are mission critical to our knowledge-search business
Who you would work with:
- You would join a dynamic, multinational, & diverse team who enjoy solving interesting problems in a collaborative environment
- We have self-taught engineers as well as graduates from top Computer Science & Engineering schools
- Your co-workers will include motivated recent graduates as well as experienced industry leaders from companies such as Google & Amazon
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new & innovative ways & wed love to hear from you.
Find out more: http://engineering.alphasights.com