At Databricks, we are obsessed with enabling data teams to solve the worlds toughest problems, from security threat detection to cancer drug development. We do this by building & running the worlds best data & AI infrastructure platform, so our customers can focus on the high value challenges that are core to their own missions.
Founded in 2013 by the original creators of Apache Spark, Databricks has grown from a tiny corner office in Berkeley, CA to a global organization with over 1000 employees. Thousands of organizations, from small to Fortune 100, trust Databricks with their mission-critical workloads, making us one of the fastest growing SaaS companies in the world.
On the engineering side, we are well known for attracting the best engineers in Silicon Valley. Our teams build highly technical products that fulfill real, important needs in the world. We are constantly pushing the boundaries of technologies, but at the same time we wont shy away from the grunt work that is critical in making sure our customers are successful on our platform.
To continue scaling the business, we are establishing a major engineering center in Toronto. As a first step, we are looking for a few engineering managers/directors & senior engineers to form the Toronto founding team!
As a founding member of our Canadian R&D center, you will be critical in growing the new Toronto engineering center to a major, high functioning R&D organization for Databricks.
- Be responsible for full software development lifecycle - design, development, testing, operating in production.
- Drive strategic vision for the team & product.
- Architect solutions to achieve a high level of reliability, scalability & security.
- Roll up the sleeves & implement major functionalities.
- Mentor & grow more junior engineers.
- Evangelize & uphold our cultural principles: be customer obsessed, let the data decide, teamwork makes the dreamwork, & own it.
- 5+ years of production level experience in one of: Java, Scala, C++, Python, or similar language.
- Experience in architecting, developing, deploying, & operating large scale distributed systems.
- Experience working on a SaaS platform or with Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Optional: Experience with distributed data processing systems.
- Top of the market compensation
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free lunch
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Medical, dental, vision
- Maternity & paternity plan