Field Director of Technical Account Management (DTAM)
At Tanium, our Field Director of Technical Account Management (DTAM) fulfills a necessary role in our organization to serve our customers by understanding the Tanium value proposition. DTAMs build & own the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, developers, enterprise services, & sales, DTAMs contribute to each customers success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field through leveraging the best practices to operationalize Tanium & lead technical sales opportunities for our most strategic accounts.
DTAMs are the most experienced Field TAMs in the organization & are seen as trusted leaders & experts in all areas of account management, technical depth, & leadership within the team. Furthermore, DTAMs own the technical relationship & champion building with their customer technical & business decision-makers.
What youll do:
Manage customer accounts by:
- Solving customer support cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Assisting others with their assigned customers
- Leading the improvement of the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, & reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the strategic planning, testing, troubleshooting, & technical pre-sales aspects of the area.
- Leading training sessions
- Mentoring other TAMs
- Participating in, & leading, the technical interview process
- Driving innovation by leading initiatives to develop new capabilities on the Tanium platform
- Providing technical leadership within & outside of their immediate team
Driving sales results by:
- Leading technical pre-sales opportunities as both a technical subject matter expert & technical sales expert.
- Participating in, or leading, marketing events from a technical perspective
- Contributing to, or leading, go-to-market efforts being driven by our Technical Solutions Engineering organization.
Were looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience & Skills
- Eight-plus years in the industry with solid technical skills in multiple areas such as networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains: Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python).
- Experience managing enterprise customers & leading strategic pre-sales opportunities.
- Prior experience & breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers & internal teams.
- Has mastered many new concepts & technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform & modules.
- Critical thinking & problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts & masterfully convey the problem statement & plan to others. DTAMs think critically, spanning the customer lifecycle, & develop new capabilities on the Tanium platform with a high level of autonomy.
- Troubleshooting; has mastered enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; takes self-governed, consistent, action to prioritize & weigh cost & value in order to determine the action most appropriately aligned with the Tanium & our mission.
- Independent; can work on the most complex problems; should be able to complete tasks that are not well documented; participate in projects specific to their current skills & follow established technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Communication; have mastered executive communication & demonstrate emotional intelligence, & patience, in all forms of communication. Anticipate blockers & delays for their work & the work of others, & communicate appropriately before requiring escalation. DTAMs also analyze whether tasks are the highest & best use of time & practices the redirecting of erroneous requests to re-focus on tasks that will accomplish the key business objectives.
- Influencing; demonstrate strong & consistent influence skills, working effectively with their team & strategic customers, to present logical & compelling arguments to enhance innovation & efficiencies.
- Leadership; constructively lead in recognizing when conditions have changed & the team needs to adapt. This requires an attitude & drive that also leads the team in spotting emerging trends & patterns quickly, solving hard problems, & generating creative solutions. DTAMs have a deep sense of ownership in the work that they do, no matter how small the task. They are willing to jump into any effort to help the team succeed. DTAMs actively seek out leadership opportunities, including leading other members of the team, without prompting from leadership. DTAMs have a reputation within, & outside of, their team for being highly collaborative. They use this thinking to actively mentor & coach others to aid in their professional achievement & help avoid problems/high-risk behavior.
Good to Have:
- Hands-on Tanium experience
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.)
- Security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance may be required
- 8140.1 training/8570 certification may be required
- Prior military service in a related field (e.g. Navy Cryptologic Technician - Networks, USAF 3D or 1B, Army 17C or 35Q, 25D, etc.) a plus
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why six of the top ten retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & five of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/