Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
This role contributes to General Assemblys success by leading the development & strategy of acquisition marketing channels to support the consumer business. The Senior Manager of Acquisition Marketing will lead the strategy & execution, in partnership with external agencies & internal teams, of acquisition tactics. In order to drive traffic & sales with a strong ROI, this role is responsible for search engine marketing, display advertising, paid social advertising, video advertising, affiliates, influencer marketing & partnerships.
- Lead the team responsible for management of day to day operations of paid & affiliate/partnership channels in partnership with media agencies.
- Continuously iterate on & optimize acquisition marketing strategies in order to increase addressable audience for conversion, retention & sales teams to close into revenue.
- Work cross-functionally with all relevant teams within the org to increase performance within his/her channels including marketing, content, product, infrastructure, business intelligence, data engineering, local marketing, regional directors, etc.
- Establish rapport with senior leaders at the company to be the go-to expert on all acquisition marketing tactics.
- Actively look for new tactics & partnership opportunities to test in order to make the most from acquisition marketing channels & bring more revenue to the business.
- Develops, manages, & tracks marketing budgets, timelines, & processes for his or her channels from kickoff to execution.
- Establishes & maintains processes, in partnership with marketing operations manager, to ensure effective & timely development & execution of programs within defined budget constraints.
- Works closely with senior leadership on major initiatives, but makes decisions independently based on all of the data available.
- Manages relationship with internal creative team in order to create effective copy & design to use across different performance marketing channels.
- Evaluates creative concepts & final execution against the strategy. Effectively provides creative feedback to internal & external agencies & works to constantly improve creative performance. Manages creative differences between internal & external team, while always striving for the best performance from acquisition channels.
- Leads partnership with business intelligence team in an effort to track marketing channel performance, gather consumer insights, analyze or evaluate program effectiveness, & drive key reporting projects forward.
- Experience in a high growth startup environment
- Direct response advertising or campaign management experience (5-7 years)
- Consumer lead gen background preferred, especially in education
- Experience working with local market sales teams
- Deep knowledge of SEM, Paid Social, & Affiliate/Partnership marketing
- Agency management: Direct or indirect management of internal and/or external agencies
- Experience with web analytics, both building tracking structures, reporting, & data analysis (Snowplow, Google Analytics & Looker)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely, both orally & in writing. Ability to confidently present objectives & desired outcomes to leadership & cross functional teams. Consistently uses communications & presentation skills to influence outcomes. Ability to influence others without authority to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Ability to think strategically & creatively.
- Ability to problem-solve & drive towards resolution.
- Ability to write focused, strategic briefs, & evaluate creative & marketing programs against strategy.
- Strong analytical & measurement/tracking skills. Conduct analysis & present data & findings clearly, concisely & accurately. Be able to draw meaningful conclusions & indicated actions, & set performance benchmarks.
- Ability to manage time & budget effectively.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal teams & agencies, both in person & remotely.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional & productive team atmosphere.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiasm & the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Calm under pressure & comfortable wearing many hats.