Squarespace is seeking experienced engineers to build intuitive user experiences. The Checkout & Payments team is responsible for all technology related to allowing Squarespace customers to purchase new products, from building great user experiences, business rules, & back-end payment processing.
We firmly believe that design is not merely how it looks but how it works. With this in mind, our frontend engineers work on Product Engineering teams, which are dedicated to creating the most seamless, integrated products possible. If you are a self-motivated frontend engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product initiatives & carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you! Y
- Write client-side code, create robust high-volume production applications, & develop prototypes quickly
- Work alongside our graphic designers & product managers to understand, & build, new user experiences as they pertain to helping customers make purchases
- Help ensure clear communication with stakeholders, & foster collaboration with adjacent engineering teams
- Ensure the reliability of systems critical to Squarespace users & businesses powered by Squarespace
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, pragmatic code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, feature queries
- An understanding of HTML semantics & ARIA roles, & knowing their correct application
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Comfortable working with backend technologies (Java, or similar framework)
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, & software design practices
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.