Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance leader to join our Client Services finance team. This Director will develop financial strategies & drive analytics to enable business decision making, partnering closely with leaders in Client Services. S/he will drive the long-term planning, forecasting, & budgeting processes for the businesses s/he supports & provide actionable monthly reports, analysis, & recommendations. The position will involve delivering important insights to senior finance leaders & executive management & require strong influencing skills. The Director Finance will also help mentor other team members to deliver top notch business partnership. The ideal candidate will have a deep background in financial & general business analysis, preferably with a public company, & demonstrated experience collaborating across functions.
Strategic Planning & Analytics:
- Become a trusted business partner to all business units & executive management
- Partner with executive team to develop long term financial plans
- Develop & present strategic insights about business trends & key merchants & acquirer relationships
- Develop revenue & operational metrics to foster commercial mindset & accountability with business partners
- Partner with business stakeholders to create business cases & analyze client deal proposals; structure & execute complex financial modeling & analysis
- Identify & implement changes to improve efficiency & effectiveness of operational decision making
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan & analysis
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting & management reporting for Merchant Sales & Acquiring organization
- Interpret & present key findings to senior leadership
- Enable management by providing timely, accurate information
- Understand business drivers & recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for quarterly & monthly performance reporting
- Spearhead ad hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team & organization(s)
- Provide thought leadership & guidance over core processes building efficiencies & streamlining deliverables for optimal result
- Attract, recruit & train top talent into the Finance organization
- Mentor high performing team members by helping to create a center of excellence & instilling best practices across finance
- Influence, motivate & collaborate with key business partners & stakeholders across levels
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- MBA strongly preferred
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where financial best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Deep experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (or similar) with a thorough understanding of financial accounting & management reporting
- Advanced level of Excel & Powerpoint required
- Experience with complex financial system (e.g., Hyperion, TM1, etc.) is preferred
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience a plus
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical & project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy & quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal & people management skills
- Strong executive presence & ability to influence senior executives & business partners
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas & understand the operational & cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues & conflicts
- High energy & enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work effectively in a dual reporting matrix environment
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.