Squarespace is looking for a Software Engineer to develop features for the Squarespace Help Center. The Help Center is an important part of our customer's journey as it provides clear guidance & support whenever our customers seek help.
You'll be responsible for developing & maintaining the support site & its integrations with our customer support tools. You will be working directly with stakeholders, designers & the product team in building features that promote customer education & allow our customers to find the information they need quickly & efficiently.
You will report to the Help Center Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace Help Center
- Collaborate with other engineers & designers to deliver features that focus on customer education
- Improve our testing & deployment processes
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing clear code)
- Contribute to team & company standards
- Experience developing customer-facing user interfaces
- Experience integrating 3rd party services via APIs & facades
- Knowledge about modern CSS language features, including Flexbox, CSS Grid, & media queries
- Experience with Single Page Application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable, reliable, & well tested code
- BS in Computer Science, or related or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.