Cloudreach is the leading multi-cloud services provider. Our mission is to help companies navigate their unique journeys to the cloud & build new foundations for future growth. Were a team of multi-cloud natives with certifications across AWS, GCP & Azure. Businesses that work with Cloudreach adopt cutting-edge technologies to solve challenges & create new opportunities. Working exclusively on public cloud, we deliver unrivaled value for more than 1000 enterprise clients globally.
Behind our services are our Cloudreachers.
We pride ourselves on being the go-to destination for curious, talented, & driven people looking for unique work experiences to maximize their potential. We are passionate about asking questions, finding solutions, playing with the latest tools & technology, doing our lives' work, & having fun along the way. You can learn more about our innovative culture, global workforce, & Cloudy Values on our website.
We're not content with the status quo. We're here to do things better, & then do better things.
What team will you be on?
Joining the Data & Analytics team (DnA), you are part of the broader Cloud Professional Services team. You will form the core of Cloudreachs Data Engineering capability. We currently help customers of all shapes & sizes in their public Cloud Adoption journey, alongside infrastructure as code, DevOps automation & Operational governance experts.
What will your role be?
The purpose of a Cloud Data Engineer is to enable data scientists & analysts to gain insights into data by architecting & implementing data-driven cloud based solutions. At Cloudreach, they will be subject matter experts & will be responsible for the technical leadership for data ingestion & processing engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms & prior experience working with big data tooling & frameworks is required.
- Build technical solutions required for optimal ingestion, transformation, & loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using open source, AWS, Azure or GCP big data frameworks & services.
- Work with the product & software team to provide feedback surrounding data-related technical issues & support for data infrastructure needs uncovered during customer engagements / testing.
- Understand & formulate processing pipelines of large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Create & maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Working alongside the Cloud Architect & Cloud Enablement Manager to implement Data Engineering solutions
- Collaborating with the customers data scientists & data stewards/governors during workshop sessions to uncover more detailed business requirements related to data engineering
What are we looking for?
- Has experience successfully implementing simple enterprise solutions using a vast range of data engineering technologies. Has experience deploying & using the services in a major cloud platform
- Delivers - Significant code contributions to more complex components of ETL pipelines
Writes test, test cases, & code documentation with a high level of detail. Skill mastery in a few areas
- Coding - Pushes back bad code & employs ETL best practices
- Experience with object-oriented and/or functional programming languages, such as Python, Java & Scala
- Experience with Machine Learning toolkits
- Experience in building scalable end-to-end data ingestion & processing solutions
- Good understanding of data infrastructure & distributed computing principles
- Proficient at implementing data processing workflows using Hadoop & frameworks such as Spark & Flink
- Good understanding of data governance & how regulations can impact data storage & processing solutions such as GDPR & PCI
- Ability to identify & select the right tools for a given problem, such as knowing when to use a relational or non-relational database
- Working knowledge of non-relational & row/columnar based relational databases
- Stakeholder Management - Has guided & influenced customer stakeholders. Manages customer expectations on project deliverables. Aware of the customers political landscape beyond the technology. Clarifies & communicates internally customer objectives.
What are our perks?
- Meaningful & impactful work opportunities at a pioneering, cutting edge cloud services provider
- People-first mentality. We know that you & your mental health & wellbeing are #1. Thats why we give you an uncapped holiday allowance (+ your birthday off!), employee assistance programs, & resources to support your mental health & wellbeing.
- We embrace technologies that unlock agile & flexible ways of working. We respect our people to do their work when & how they work best. Work-life blend is a priority!
- Our dynamic work environment enables autonomy while also promoting a sense of belonging to a global community
- Opportunity for growth & development. Not only will you work alongside & learn from industry thought leaders, you will also be reimbursed for function-based certifications. Were multi-cloud & proud!
- An inclusive workplace where varying backgrounds, ideas, & points of view are celebrated & the individual is respected, included & empowered to bring their whole self to work
- Transparency in business updates & communications. Whether youre on the senior leadership team or a brand new employee, youre an integral part of the team & well make sure you know whats up
- Recognition-rich company culture where daily wins are celebrated & individuals living out our values are applauded
We strive to remove barriers, eliminate discrimination & ensure equal opportunity through our transparent recruitment process. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, disability, marital status, gender identity, race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, military status, veteran status or any other legally-protected characteristic.