Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will be a part of the Core UI & Network cluster in the Platform Services engineering & product team. The Core UI cluster has it main focus on providing platform wide UI tools & services that communicate directly with our users, allowing internal teams & 3rd party developers to build & scale the Tradeshift platform even further.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager with a software development background, that has the ability to facilitate career growth, resolve conflicts, hire for your direct reports. You also have experience with leading development team focusing & making them engaged, have a suitable process & a clear picture of the quality they deliver.
What a day is like:
- You will report to the Director of Engineering for Network & Core UI, with the Platform Services team & be a part of the Tradeshift Engineering leadership.
- You'll have people management responsibility - facilitate career growth, resolve conflicts, hire.
- Drive teams - work with 1-3 development teams, facilitate their process, create commitment with the team on deliverables etc.
- Technical development responsibility - be responsible for the technical quality & -ilities of solutions that your teams produce.
- Be a part of a truly global organization - Tradeshift is a multicultural company with 30+ nationalities spread across offices in several time zones.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have good communication skills: To be successful you'll need to work together with many engineers across teams & offices
- Is a strong learner: You will need to pick up on how the platform works fast, encompassing many technologies & business areas, from the front-end to the back-end
- Have experience with leadership & management of developers - diversity in experience from team sizes, technologies & cultures is good
- Have experience as a software engineer
- Have knowledge of & hands-on experience with agile software development processes - with the execution, organization
- Have an appetite for adventure
You also have:
- Worked with SaaS solutions
- The skills to know how to motivate people & create a friendly atmosphere in a high performance environment
- A personality that's comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture & environment
Our office in Copenhagen has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, & their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks
- A competitive compensation package & equity
- In-house activities like yoga
- Opportunity to join many fun, varied company events like happy hours, hackathons, family holiday parties, & many more.