Ritual is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to join a new team & help protect employees, customers & partners. This is an opportunity to work with a widely-used consumer product & impact people on a global scale. You will work collaboratively with our Engineering teams to ensure security & privacy are considered throughout the development life cycle & partner closely with Product Managers & help them balance our product roadmap with privacy & security concerns.
- Bring security to the front of the development process. You need to be comfortable asking the right questions, educating teams & evangelizing best practices
- Architect, build & manage enhancements to our security systems
- Conduct research on security-related topics, educate Ritual employees on security best practices & work to influence more secure behaviours & maintain compliance with different standards (PCI-DSS, CIS, SOC) & certifications (OFCP, SANS, ACM)
- Prepare plans for potential security breaches, identify threats & vulnerabilities to our systems & work remediate them
- Conduct vulnerability assessments & penetration tests
- Monitor & block suspicious behaviour
To be successful, you need to
- Be passionate about securing applications & helping organizations improve their security practices
- Have in-depth knowledge of tooling related to disaster recovery, forensic analysis tools, & developing security policies & procedures
- Be proficient in Java, Python & have experience with tools like Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker & more
- Understand networking & know how to do a deep dive into network activity & intrusions
- Be an advocate & a teacher
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, & background will lead to a better environment for our customers & merchants. If you feel this role would be a good fit, but you dont have all the skills or qualities listed, we encourage you to apply anyway!
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work on an amazing consumer-facing product used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide
- Competitive compensation package & equity in the business - we are all owners
- Healthcare coverage from day one & an unlimited vacation policy
- $15 daily in-app credit towards lunches & coffees
- Fun company-sponsored events & off-sites
Rituals mission is to digitize local commerce. Ritual was founded in 2014 in Toronto by a group of serial entrepreneurs & ex-Googlers with the vision of bringing digital efficiency to the local commerce space. Since then, Ritual has grown to over 300 employees, serving customers in 25+ cities across North America, the U.K. & Australia & has raised over $100 million in venture funding.