At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization
Lyft is seeking an Internal Communications professional to own the execution & tactics of communications strategies for members of the executive leadership team & their organizations. This person will work closely with the Internal Communications team to deliver thoughtful & creative communications to further our mission, vision & values.
Lyft is growing rapidly & we aim to deliver strategies that enable our teams to move at lighting speed. Communications should enable efficiencies, with less time spent resolving cross-functional misalignment & more time spent executing as a team with clear roles & responsibilities & decision making power. This individual should allocate their efforts as follows:
- 10% Strategy: Proactively identify goals that advance the long term health of the communications within the business & propel the business forward.
- 60% Rhythm of the Business: Ongoing delivery of communication strategy tactics
- 30% Unexpected: Space to manage rapid response/crisis comms & change management.
Were looking for someone who can support the broader communications strategies across multiple leaders & teams. This individual should be detail oriented, a self-starter, able to operate with ambiguity & agile enough to lean in on multiple projects simultaneously. This person should have strong spoken & written communication skills, with experience crafting messaging that motivates, inspires, engages & calls an audience to action. Most importantly, Lyft is about fostering an open, inclusive & diverse community where all team members are recognized for what they bring, & we want you to be you.
- Execute the strategy for proactively aligning people around our vision, mission & business strategy.
- Work closely with internal comms team & leaders throughout the company to develop & disseminate important messages to team members
- Deliver communications for keeping all relevant team members informed on important org news & updates in a timely & engaging manner
- Collate data for communications effectiveness metrics including engagement, postmortems, participation, etc.
- Maintain the Lyft voice across all communications, written & verbal, & across company leadership
- Keep Lyft fun!
- 2-3 years experience in a tactical communications role
- Writing & communications experience, with a preference for operations & tech focus
- Ability to navigate competing priorities simultaneously in a fast paced working environment
- Deep interest in day-to-day news & long-term trends which impact the experience of working at Lyft
- Self-starter, independently motivated, requires minimal guidance
- Experience tailoring communications to distributed offices, & both full-time/hourly workforce
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills
- Lyft user/believer
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time of
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.