Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
Yext is seeking a top tier candidate for aSenior Accountant, Internationalwith a positive attitude & highly motivated to learn & grow within a fast-paced organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly close processes, as well as supporting & initiating general accounting & reporting process improvements to gain efficiencies & strengthen the overall control environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP & IFRS, SEC regulations, & internal controlsand can exceed in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.This role offers a tremendous opportunity to gain experience with a growing company & have exposure across divisions & with leaders at Yext.
- Review the monthly general ledger activities for GAAP to Statutory differences
- Perform financial statement analysis for each international entity & document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected & in accordance with US GAAP & IFRS
- Working with accounting/finance to resolve & troubleshoot issues arising during the statutory reporting process
- Assemble & provide requested information to external auditors & tax authorities for annual audit
- Participate in streamlining & process improvement projects, enhancing the internal controls over accounting processes & systems
- Prepare schedules & reports for management & external service providers
- Provide a high level of customer service with finance & non-finance business partners
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc reporting & analysis requests, & other tasks as assigned
- Support financial reporting, tax & planning teams, as necessary
- Coordinate with external services providers for statutory financial statement & tax pre
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of accounting experience (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience)
- Strong knowledge & application of US GAAP, IFRS, & internal controls
- Ability to execute, follow-up, & ensure attention to detail
- Commitment to process improvement & the ability to think out-of the box
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- A team player, adept at building relationships across the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize & multitask
- High degree of dedication to improvement & strong sense of ownership
- Strong problem solving, analytical, & communication (both verbal & written) skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft tools (Excel, Word) is required
- CPA designation
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Experience with NetSuite and/or Blackline
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, & Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team & culture on the muse, our website, & our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.