VaynerMedia is a contemporary global creative & media agency with an expertise in driving relevance for clients & delivering impactful business results. The independently-owned agency was founded in 2009 & has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Singapore & Mexico City. VaynerMedia has been recognized for its work at Cannes Lions, the Clio Awards & The Webby Awards. It is part of the VaynerX family of companies.
Data Analytics Overview:
VaynerMedia is searching for a Senior Analytics Associate someone who is in love with connecting data with business results, to help steer the marketing direction of our Fortune 500 brand roster.
The primary role of the Senior Analytics Associate is to develop effective & high-quality data analysis, insights, & recommendations that help drive business outcomes. Technical abilities include the following: SQL, Tableau, Python/R, Business Intelligence (BI) best practices. This role will interface with the customer to support their implementation & reporting needs acting in a consulting manner to be a thought leader & offer necessary training. The role is a mix of project-based analysis & insights (50%), dashboard reporting (30%) & customer facing interaction (20%).
Who Are You?
A critical thinker, upbeat, & hungry to learn. You're someone who's driven to constantly look for better ways to do things & excited at the prospect of working in a constantly evolving industry with far more "unknown" than "known", & love playing a leadership role on a team that shares your drive to always continue learning.
What You'd Do:
- Analyze campaign & customer data to provide conclusions, implications, & actionable recommendations designed to improve the quality of future relationship marketing communications
- Responsible for day to day analytics for assigned clients, including QA of data & reporting templates
- Develop & present on-going analytics deliverables to day to day clients coordinating with more senior analytics team members & account management
- Support team leads on any internal projects to further develop the analytics practice including implementation of analytical tools, techniques, processes, & frameworks
- Proficiency in at least one or more of the analytics disciplines
- Basic understanding of concepts in at least one or more of the analytics disciplines
What You've Got:
- 1-2+ years of social media analytics & insights experience
- Result-oriented with the ability to work within strict time constraints while balancing multiple projects
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A collaborative teammate with the knack to pivot in a constantly evolving environment
- Knowledge of a variety of social insight methodologies & their applications
- Passionate about research, television, marketing, emerging media, & technology
- Strong PowerPoint/Excel & Google Slide/Sheet skills
- Data visualization capabilities in Tableau or similar (Power BI, Qlik, Looker, etc.)
- Preferably proficient with SQL, Python/R
- Query & analyze complex data sets to develop actionable insights that enable the optimization of social media content.
- Lead the approach, development, & setting of KPIs, benchmarks & attainable social performance goals using industry research, historical performance, & other methods.
- Analyze & correlate social media campaign performance with audience data, including identification of high-impact KPIs for social tactics with a focus on audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, fan growth & content deep dives.