At Warby Parker, weve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, & do good in the world. Now, were searching for a motivated Senior Software Engineer to join Warby Parkers Data Infrastructure team to help take this mission to the next step.
The Data Infrastructure teams mission is to ensure timely, accurate, & reliable access to data across the company. Our team designs & builds the underlying infrastructure that powers Warby Parkers data systems, & we work closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, & other Engineers to increase access data across the organization. In this role, youll play a key part in building, scaling, & maintaining our data infrastructure, & your work will impact nearly every employee across the organization.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to oversee a projects lifecycle while keeping quality top of mind. If you're a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriouslybut not yourselfyou may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What youll do:
- Design, implement, test, & scale tools, systems, & processes for Warby Parkers data systems
- Build custom data integrations to support bulk & streaming data needs across the organization
- Work collaboratively with Engineers, Product Managers, & business stakeholders to solve complex data problems in an Agile environment
- Tackle challenges of scale through solid engineering practices & creative problem solving
- Ensure your products are resilient & meet well-defined service level agreements
- Participate in code reviews & help maintain high standards of code quality
Who you are:
- Backed by 4+ years of professional software development experience
- The proud owner of a CS/STEM degree or comparable skills & experience
- A kind, empathetic listener & a proactive, effective communicator
- Proficient in Python (our primary backend language)
- Comfortable working independently & delivering software projects with a high level of autonomy
- Experienced with writing, testing, & deploying code in a collaborative environment
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Extra credit (not required!):
- Experience working for a company that has a significant consumer-facing element, like retail or e-commerce
- Experience with Apache Airflow
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or other infrastructure-as-code tools
- Experience with DBT or other code-focused ELT tools
- Experience with BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, or other cloud-based data warehouse databases
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends & family
- And morejust ask!