Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
As the Director of Fraud Operations, you will be building & leading a team that manages fraud operations for all Brex products. In this business-critical role, you will also be partnering with our Risk, Data Science, & Engineering teams to ensure fraud operations effectively scales as fraud pressure increases at Brex. As the company expert in fraud operations, youll manage daily workflows related to transaction fraud, first party fraud, & account takeovers, & work towards improving the business ability to scale & make risk-based & customer-focused decisions. To be successful, great people management skills, industry experience, & a desire for lean operations is key.
- Lead Brexs fraud operations for Account, Credit Card, & Cash to mitigate losses & keep customers safe
- Partner with Risk, Data Science, & Engineering teams to scale operational tooling
- Forward-looking mindset into fraud trends to anticipate fraud operation needs
- Aligning with internal partners to balance operational bandwidth with product needs for SLAs & fraud pressure
- Stay abreast of external regulatory requirements & changes to network rules & relevant standards that may impact day to day operations
What We Value
- 10+ years of experience in managing fraud operations in card & deposit lines of business, as well as leadership experience
- Ability to take a hands-on approach to developing fraud operational workflows & understand the end-to-end process
- Deep understanding of the fraud ecosystem & how to scale operations given the industry trends
- Proven cross-functional & interpersonal skills with a bias toward action & delivering results
- Penchant for leveraging data to inform the best way to make improvement to fraud operations
- Bachelor's degree required