Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Were looking for a content strategist with a background in UX writing to help define the customer experience on Meetup. This position requires precise attention to language, familiarity with product design & development, & the ability to explain both high-level strategic decisions as well as granular word choices to writers & non-writers alike. Please note that this is not a marketing or social media role.
Content strategists at Meetup are instrumental in ensuring that the stories & messages we convey in the product are compelling, clear, & consistent. As a content strategist, youll bring a holistic approach to defining how we communicate with our audience, advocating for the customer every step of the way. You'll apply your creativity & critical thinking to build value for both the business & the user. And youll be part of a small but growing content strategy practice at Meetup, shaping how we engage with our community every day.
What youll do:
- Partner with product managers & designers to co-create or iterate on content, ensuring that we deliver a good end-to-end experience in every user flow
- Plan, write, & document product content that creates alignment between project objectives, best practices for writing & usability, & brand voice
- Evaluate & improve our content & UX through taxonomy & IA development as well as content audits, gap analysis, & user research
- Collaborate with designers & researchers to identify & resolve inconsistencies & surface opportunities in our core user flows
- Work with other content strategists & content creators to bring coherence & consistency to writing efforts across teams
- Participate in critiques, work sessions, & user interviews to strengthen our understanding of how to address user needs & develop our brand
- Help evolve UX writing guidelines & resources to scale our content governance efforts
- Help create strategies & processes that better enable content development across our platforms, accounting for localization, accessibility, & policy issues
What youll bring:
- 5+ years of product experience as a content strategist or UX writer, working both independently & cross-functionally on product/tech teams
- A portfolio with samples of product, UX, email, & mobile app content, including microcopy & push notifications
- Ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, & concise copy
- Exceptional attention to details (like punctuation & spelling)
- Collaborative work style that allows you to write evolving content to deadline, with a high tolerance for ambiguity & change
- A healthy dose of self-discipline to edit your own work & prioritize competing projects
- Familiarity with content issues relating to localization, accessibility, inclusion, & privacy
- Sensitivity to the relationship between copy, information hierarchy, graphic design, & typography
- Ability to present findings, recommendations, & decisions in a clear & articulate manner, both in writing & in person
- Curiosity, independence, humility, & a sense of humor
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? Tell us your story & send us your portfolio.