We are looking for a Data Analyst with in-depth data analytics expertise & a desire to partner closely with accounting & finance stakeholders to join Pelotons Finance Transformation Team. As part of the Finance Transformation Team, you will identify, design & build solutions that enable strategic initiatives & operational improvements. As a dedicated subset of the broader Accounting & Finance team, you will help drive forward initiatives to improve the quality of our financial data & efficiency of the accounting close process, as well as design technology-enabled solutions to support Pelotons evolving business at scale. As the Data Analyst, you will work directly with Accounting & Finance stakeholders to understand their needs, identify opportunities to optimize existing processes, & leverage your data & analytics skills to provide better visibility into financial data & develop insights to enable leadership to make effective, data-driven decisions. We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment & is willing to challenge existing solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a strong analytical toolset, has a passion for difficult challenges & a willingness to prototype & rapidly iterate, working with cross-functional teams to drive meaningful impact to the business.
- Collaborate & partner with internal stakeholders to proactively identify process improvements, capture business process requirements, & help translate these requirements into technical solutions to drive efficiency for the organization
- Support the accounting & finance stakeholders with automation & build out customized analytic reports for financial & operational reporting
- Design & develop ETL workflows & datasets in Alteryx to be used by the accounting & finance team to automate the month-end close processes & reconciliations
- Ability to write complex SQL queries with multiple joins to automate/manipulate these extracts in Alteryx; prepare technical specifications & documentation for Alteryx workflows
- Take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting complex process & functional issues & manage these through to resolution
- Work in partnership with the finance stakeholders & IT partners concerning the accuracy of data & efficiency of processes
- Diagnose & troubleshoot data discrepancies & errors
- Understand existing source system data models
- Work with business partners & IT integrations team to define & create reporting dashboards, & support ongoing data monitoring for financial data across systems
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in an analytical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance or Statistics)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in analytics or business intelligence capacity
- Highly skilled in SQL & strong data extraction skills
- Advanced-level proficiency in Alteryx
- Hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation
- Hands-on experience with data model development & reporting in data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, & familiar with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets)
- High level of precision & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels & to understand & express complex technical concepts
- Understanding of financial accounting concepts & familiarity with month-end close process
- Proactive, self-motivated, & can work independently with strong organizational & time management skills
- Experience with ERP software (such as NetSuite, SAP or Oracle) a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.