About the Team
Data plays an integral role within all functions at Harrys, for example in messaging customers, optimizing spend across acquisition channels, or forecasting demand. On the Data Engineering team, we build data infrastructure & data applications that power decisions across Harrys, optimally scale our revenue & traffic, & help the Harrys team delight our customers.
About the Role
As a Senior Staff Data Engineer, you will be a technical lead responsible for helping the team build resilient & scalable data pipelines & data applications to support teams across Harrys. You will lead team members on delivery & execution of technical programs, & build code & frameworks that help the team scale its footprint. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
What youll do:
- Author, continuously improve & socialize technical deliverables & frameworks that the broader engineering & analytics teams can leverage to ship high-quality data products at increasing scale & velocity.
- Mentor the team in designing, building & documenting deliverables to generate operational alignment on technical objectives & decisions, with an eye towards balancing performance, scope, & business requirements.
- Participate in code & architecture reviews, effectively coaching the team to leverage industry best practices, & growing team members capabilities to discover & use innovative approaches where they provide our platform with a meaningful advantage.
- Participate in requirements discovery & definition on major business initiatives with cross functional partners, communicating effectively & empathetically to build consensus & to align on the right outcomes for the team & the business.
- Learn to own & operate legacy data platforms for additional brands, & to coach the team in executing migration playbooks to onboard them onto the Harrys data platform.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to design & build high-quality data products that solve user problems, deeply understanding & influencing users to drive alignment with business stakeholders.
Who you are:
- You are fluent in SQL & Python.
- You have experience building, debugging & deploying applications using multiple technologies & architectures, & specifically including distributed systems (Spark, Hive, Redshift, Kinesis, etc.), that have delivered demonstrable value to users in production.
- You have experience mentoring team members on technical projects.
- You have experience working cross-functionally across multiple teams to deliver production systems that users love & rely on.
- You have experience with statistics or data analysis, & can debug datasets just as well as you can debug software.
Nice to have experience with:
- Working with BI tools, as user or developer (e.g Tableau, Looker)
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.