Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
About The Team
We believe in team-based component ownership, development & quality assurance. We expect engineer involvement from product inception through production support. Our teams have great autonomy & responsibility to choose the best solutions, technologies & approaches to bringing Tradeshift to the next level.
We are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer with the skills to bring new products to market & improve our existing platform & products. You will have the opportunity to make a difference as we strive to connect all of the companies in the world & make business applications better for people.
What a day is like:
- Building & implementing new tools & automation to solve problems
- Identifying & removing performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Utilizing Terraform or other infrastructure as code
- Using Puppet or other configuration management tools
- Administration of relational & non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak, Cassandra) - including High Availability & Disaster Recovery plans
- Identifying & removing databases performance bottlenecks throughout the platform
- Improving platform security implementations
- Building & implementing improved monitoring dashboards
- Expanding our platform footprint while managing costs across AWS regions
- Building pipelines based in Jenkins or other CI system
- Work with Kubernetes clusters in AWS cloud
You are perfect for this role if:
You have great communication skills, enjoy interacting with a global team of diverse talents, & are business minded. Familiarity with container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes Helm are a plus!
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a Linux based environment
- At least 2 years experience in using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Mandatory experience with NoSQL databases like ElasticSearch, Cassandra or Riak
- Very familiar with relational databases like MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience with cloud providers. AWS services including but not limited to: EC2, S3, Cloudfront, EBS, SQS are preferred
- Experience working with containerization solutions like Docker
- Experience in operation & automation of a CI/CD pipeline
- Degreein Computer Science, Statistics or Math, or equivalent work experience
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.