FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
About the role
In this role you will be responsible for reporting, data analysis & modeling across all areas of Sportsbook Risk Management, including betting limits, customer behaviors, & promotions, for retail & online. Using your numerical & technology capabilities you will play a key role in research & communication of results to Risk & Trading teams & senior management.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the development of the expanding New Jersey Risk & Trading Team & become a thought leader on the US Sportsbook within the Group globally.
This is a great opportunity for somebody who wants to work in an environment where curiosity is rewarded & people are empowered to make decisions. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning & a head for numbers. Successful candidates will be tasked with a range or responsibilities aligned to offering a first-class experience for our customers.
If you would like to play a key role in an emerging US Sports Betting market opportunity then this could be the role for you.Integrity, low ego & collaboration are key values in the Risk & Trading department.
What you'll do
- Deliver high-quality quantitative analysis & tools to aid more accurate risk profiling, customer segmentation, optimum risk strategy & effective risk management decisions
- Improve our understanding of customer behaviors, efficiency of promotions, & effectiveness of risk management practices
- Through idea generation & exploratory analysis, develop new & innovative ways to turn behaviors into features for use in risk analysis, segmentation & predictive modeling
- Demonstrate accurate insights & predictions using visualizations & clear explanations of results, recommendations, methods, biases & limitations
- Bring your data insights to life & take responsibility for the execution of results oriented actions from data driven recommendations
- Take responsibility to learn the necessary skills & techniques, in order to work with independence, integrity & accuracy
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to effectively identify areas for improvement, & support their strategic objectives
- Assist in the development of junior members of the team
Who we're looking for
- 2+ years experience in a relevant data analytics or data science role
- Undergraduate degree in a numerate or technical discipline
- Strong results in subjects with a mathematical or statistical focus
- Strong knowledge of SQL & experience of manipulating large datasets
- Knowledge of statistical or programming software & techniques (e.g. in R, Python, C#, VBA , etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the Sports betting industry an advantage
- Interest in Sports an advantage
- Experience in using machine learning or other modeling techniques to drive customer insights or automate decisions an advantage
- Experience in using data visualization techniques & software (e.g. Tableau) an advantage
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning & development opportunities
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Attractive health insurance premiums
There's more, but we don't want to go on & on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity & inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect & value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.