JUUL's mission is to improve the lives of the worlds one billion adult smokers by driving innovation to eliminate cigarettes. JUUL is the number one US-based vapor product. Headquartered in San Francisco & backed by leading technology investors including Tiger Global, Fidelity Investments & Tao Invest, JUUL Labs is disrupting one of the worlds largest & oldest industries.
Were an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare, CPG & biotech, & were growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. Were actively looking to hire the worlds best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service & business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will join a dynamic design team that constantly brings new products to market. You will work directly with product owners to identify opportunities, prioritize projects, define the brief, & own both the experience & visual design for your team. You will work cross functionally with Engineering, Marketing, Compliance, Brand, & Sales to support a roadmap of product launches & experiments.
- Conceptualize & iterate on high-quality designs.
- Design flows & experiences that are incredibly simple & elegant.
- Oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch.
- Flexibly flip between working on granular UI details & large-scale experience design.
- Collaborate with PMs, engineers, researchers & content strategists to identify & prioritize product opportunities to affect the squads KPIs.
- Be the voice for the user while contributing to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product & executive teams.
- Actively participate in all stages of our agile design process, including contributing to story creation, weekly standups, etc.
- Create use cases & flows, & turn them into test-ready lo-fi & hi-fi prototypes.
- Help us conduct user & competitive research.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in a Digital agency setting.
- Mastery of Typography, Hierarchy, & Layout.
- Strong background in Brand design.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX & UI) product design.
- Experience owning product from start to finish, working with developers & PMs.
- Ability to research, ideate & define the vision for projects within your unit.
- Ability to work fast & produce multiple solutions for a single problem.
- Ability to design & build high fidelity prototypes for testing.
- Working experience with Sketch, Invision, & Adobe design tools.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Strong User Testing background. Experience with user testing platforms & in-person user research.
- Experience with front-end development.
- CS background.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Visual Design/Communications Design/Digital Design
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. Well help you set big goals - & exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed & supportive teammates
- Equity & performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks & drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits & discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental & vision benefits
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City, the worlds greatest city.
Vapor, JUUL, Work Culture, Fast Paced, Start-up, Growth, Vape, Technology, Software, Hardware, Consumer Electronics, Manufacturing, Design, Product, Disruptive, Revolutionary, Cutting Edge, App, Android, eCommerce, B2C, San Francisco, Bay Area, IoT, San Jose, Los Angeles