Software Engineer II
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Were looking for a Software Engineer II to design, develop, & implement APIs for microservices using Spring Boot & Java. Model optimized data-structures based on business needs & implement them using databases like MySQL. Design & implement real time, large-scale, low latency event streaming platforms using Java on user settings data to support internal systems. The Software Engineer II will build reliable, manageable, & extendable software using principles like test-driven development & taking part in code reviews. Understand existing software subsystems, maintaining & improving them with respect to scalability, latency, & maintainability. Contribute towards improving our continuous integration & continuous delivery framework & on-board services to the framework. Contribute to runbooks & set up of monitoring & alerting on existing services. Participate & provide support during production releases & on-calls. They will collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, product, & quality assurance closely to understand customer requirements, create technical designs, formulate an execution plan, & deliver iteratively & continuously.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field & 5 years of related (progressive, post-baccalaureate) experience. Alternatively, will accept a Masters degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field & 2 years of related experience
- Must also have demonstrated experience each of the following:
- Designing scalable distributed microservices-based architectures;
- Utilizing data structures, algorithms, & software design practices;
- Programming with Java & using scripting languages like Python;
- Designing, developing, deploying, & supporting RESTful services;
- Working in relational & NoSQL databases such as MySQL or HBase & designing efficient data models & queries/
- Deploying & managing services on the cloud; and
- Writing unit testing, integration testing, & end-to-end testing & automating continuous deployments & integrations using tools like Jenkins & GIT.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Masters program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- Generous leave & flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.