sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient & accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients & produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, were committed to leaving people better than we found them. Were in the business of feeding people, & were out to change what that means.
Were obsessed with creating a top-notch experience, & that starts with the space. Our real estate & design teams find the best locations for us & then get to work, crafting a sweetgreen experience that honors the buildings existing structure (beams, brick, we love it all) & reflects the neighborhood around. Each sweetgreen feels a little different than the next, but they all share the same DNA: a sense of community, modern design, local art, cool tiling & good natural light. If wayfinding signage, blueprints + 3D rendering get your adrenaline pumping, this is the place for you.
The role of the Store Design Associate (Temporary) is to support the Store Development Team in designing & documenting current projects + studies in various locations. The role will be exposed to many aspects of the design process from layouts, concepts, design development & construction documentation. There will be a great amount of cross-functional team collaborations with operations, construction, & real estate teams as well as face-time with outsourced architects, engineers, vendors & consultants.
This is a 3 months temporary position, reporting directly to the Director of Store Design.
- Work closely with the in-house design team to learn & prepare store layouts & high quality renderings that will be presented to department head & executive team for approval.
- Solicit & organize feedback given during design meetings at various levels (up to the executive team of sweetgreen).
- Collaborate across various departments during the design phase of each project. Learn the right communication channels & effectively distribute information across the organization.
- As needed, attend construction site visits to understand the construction process & how design decisions impact it.
- Find creative solutions & stay up to date on new & innovation materials, lighting, & other aspects that could affect the overall store aesthetics.
- Assist in the prioritization of the design managers workload & schedule to also allow room for learning & process improvement opportunities.
- Occasional travel, weekends & irregular hours required.
- Student or current graduate of interior design or architecture fields of study
- Previous work experience in retail or hospitality is highly desired
- Extremely organized with high sense of urgency
- Eager to learn about the business & evolve as a designer
- Keen eye for detail, with understanding of architectural materials
- Invested in having a can do attitude toward assigned tasks by being resourceful
- Proficient in drafting using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- High visualization capabilities to create renderings using Sketch up & ability to touch up photos & renderings using Photoshop
- Sufficient knowledge of InDesign to prepare presentation documents
- Portfolio link or sample attachment is required with your application
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us & everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.