Green Chef is the first & leading certified organic company in the US meal kit market. We are passionate about making it more convenient, healthful, & exciting to cook meals at home from scratch.
Founded in 2014, Green Chef is already a national force with hundreds of employees & tens of thousands of customers relying on us to help them eat well. And in 2018, Green Chef & HelloFresh partnered & became the worlds largest meal kit provider. Together, we work to disrupt the food industry & provide the best possible experience to customers.
Green Chef remains focused on delivering healthy, organic ingredients, designed for busy people. We believe in creating thoughtful food experiences from planting to the plating, & we offer a variety of specialty lifestyle plans -- including Keto, Paleo, Plant Powered, & Balanced Living.
You will ...
- Assist procurement team in identifying their individual buying needs of a variety of different produce Stock Keeping Units (SKUs)
- Partner with Green Chef distribution centers & suppliers to ensure timely deliveries & inventories match demand requirements
- Research, identify & develop relationships with new sources of suppliers for the company that meet criteria including (but not limited to) price, quantity, quality & timeliness
- Negotiate & manage relationships with existing network of suppliers & vendors
- Analyze produce purchasing data to ensure accuracy of information, purchasing procedures & identify any discrepancies, etc
- Resolve any unforeseen problems with suppliers relating to operations, purchasing or quality/performance quickly & professionally
- Customer-centric & willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure, & meet time sensitive deadlines
- Data driven- curious about what insights can be derived from numbers
- Highly adaptable- you thrive in a fast-paced, high-change & dynamic work environment
At a minimum, you have...
- A Bachelors degree is required
- 1-3 years of procurement and/or sourcing experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel
- Must be flexible to work weekends (on occasion)
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.