VP of Business Development
GIPHY is the worlds largest short-form content platform. We animate conversations for 500 million people every day & make brands more memorable in a culturally relevant way.
Our content enriches the top messaging & social platforms, with 10 billion GIFs & Stickers shared per day.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY is looking for a VP of Business Development.
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy & execution of GIPHYs BD team. You will focus on the assessment, negotiation & partner management directly tied to the monetization & distribution of our content. You & your team will monetize, maintain & deepen existing partnerships while also sourcing new strategic partnerships. You will recommend new deals to pursue & will work cross-functionally within GIPHY to help us grow audience, revenue, & content. The ideal candidate will have a pulse on the current market trends with a lens & vision for future opportunities.
What You'll Do:
- Lead GIPHYs Business Development team from a strategic perspective while also being hands on
- Build key strategic & monetary partnerships with platform partners in the interactive space
- Maintain strong relationships with existing GIPHY distribution & content partners & develop incremental cooperative revenue opportunities
- Build key strategic & monetary partnerships with select content partners in the interactive space
- Manage the continued growth of GIPHYs developer network & support the integration of the companys technology across creative & messaging apps in the web & mobile ecosystems
- Lead all deal process management: strategy/planning, prospecting, negotiation & implementation
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams & work to ensure strong alignment with product, finance, content, & legal
- Effectively communicate & report with stakeholders & senior-level executives, as well as operational teams
Who You Are:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of work experience in business development or a relevant field
- Negotiating experience, as well as deftness translating that to written agreements. Ability to interpret legal documents & collaborate with an internal legal department to bring those agreements to fruition.
- Experience implementing product solutions with technology partners.
- Self-motivated & comfortable operating in a startup environment.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Low ego, hands on, player/coach mentality
- Love of GIFs & its culture
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership & lots of other fun perks.