Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. Its Guardant Health Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory & reimbursement to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI, for advanced stage cancer patients, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for recurrence & early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 6,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies & all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
The Sr Manager, FP&A will contribute to a world-class finance team in a rapid growth & emerging environment. As a key member of the finance team the focus of this position will be partnering across the entire business to lead financial analysis & reporting activity, as well as yearly budgeting & long-range planning.
The finance team serves as trusted advisors for all our strategic & enterprise endeavors & works closely with business partners on a daily basis. To be effective, you will need FP&A experience & an eagerness to support all aspects of finance & accounting. The Sr. Manager, FP&A will have contact with senior-level members of the team which requires strong interpersonal skills both written & verbal. This position will report to the Associate Director, FP&A.
- Work closely with Guardant's leadership team to formulate the business' medium & long term financial plans
- Work with Business Unit heads to build their annual budgets & forecasts
- Analysis of financial & operational results to better understand company performance
- Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance
- Communicate to senior management the reasons behind the product/department performance & results
- Review operations & assist with modelling of cost saving initiatives to improve productivity & Gross Margins
- Support the preparing of business cases to support new investment, strategic & other business decisions
- Review existing processes & procedures to develop recommendations for improvement efforts
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts & profitability
- Managing a team of analysts & developing & mentoring with a goal of continuous improvement
- Lead & maintain the development of the annual operating plan including cash forecast, periodic forecasts & variance analysis against plans
- Lead the monthly management reporting process, including comparing actuals against plan as well as preparation of the monthly review package
- Participate in the preparation of presentations to support meetings with the Board of Directors & Sr. Management
- Participate in the monthly close process partnering with accounting to ensure accurate accruals
- Participate with systems implementations, upgrades & testing, interacting with both vendors & internal customers
- 10+ years of professional experience with a minimum of 4 years in a senior-level FP&A role or analytically-focused Business Operations role
- 2-4+ years of management experience with strengths in being a mentor of talent & a builder of teams
- Significant analytical skillset, including the utilization of BI & reporting tools
- MBA preferred or professional qualification such CPA or CFA
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Oracle Cloud & Oracle EPBCS experience preferred
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong quantitative abilities
- Able to solve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build relationships
- Strong influencing & interpersonal skills
- A solutions oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
- Strong analytical skills with a sharp focus on detail
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacy Notice for Job Applicants.