WHO WE ARE
Vulture is searching for a strong SEO editor to help us refine our evergreen strategy, explore new areas of coverage, & surface a wider array of cultural conversations that may interest our readers. The ideal editor will be fluent in a variety of SEO & keyword tools, & will be invested in marrying those resources with the Vulture sensibility & editorial philosophy.
Vulture, New York Magazine's home for pop culture & entertainment coverage, is where savvy culture consumers come to find sharp, obsessive coverage of their favorite entertainment & the people who create it.
Vulture is part of Vox Media, the leading modern media company. We guide our audience from discovery to obsession. We inspire essential conversations about whats now, whats next, & whats possible.
As a community of journalists & storytellers, business professionals, creators & technologists, we believe it is a moral & business imperative to amplify voices: to cultivate diversity, equity, & inclusion throughout our organization & media. This applies to our candidates, our teams, our storytelling, our creative work, & our platforms, products, & partnerships.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Monitor the performance of keywords associated with evergreen articles, & develop strategies to maintain strong Google ranks for them
- Provide daily trending insights to the Vulture team
- Attend Vulture brainstorms to build an understanding of what topics interest the staff
- Utilize Googles suite of tools, in addition to third-party tools & data sources such as Semrush, to research growth opportunities
- Coordinate with Vulture editors to implement & reinforce sound SEO best practices, including the introduction of a regular feedback loop
- Make SEO recommendations related to major events on the entertainment calendar
- Act as an SEO resource for the Vulture editorial team, including, but not limited to, keyword research & performance analysis
- Keep abreast of changes in search results pages, & Google algorithms more broadly, & make corresponding adjustments to our articles, hubs, & landing pages
- Partner with Vox Medias central SEO team to stay on top of any SEO-related learnings
WHO YOU ARE
- An appreciation for Vulture, & the approach we take to covering entertainment & culture
- A passion for digital publishing & experience working in a fast moving editorial environment
- An editorial eye & are comfortable pitching story ideas
- A knowledge of the current entertainment landscape
- An analytical mindset & experience uncovering opportunities & optimizing content
- Curiosity & a willingness to recommend & test new SEO tactics & strategies
- An ability to manage multiple tracks of work at once, balancing both short-term & long-term projects simultaneously
- You are nice
If you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job posting, please apply with a cover letter to let us know how you believe you can bring your unique skills to the Vox Media team or get in touch! Weve hired chefs who became editors, DJs who became UX designers, & sommeliers who became writers.
WHERE YOULL WORK
This job is a hybrid or remote position. Were dedicated to the health & wellbeing of all of our employees, & when we reopen, will require everyone who works from one of our offices to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees with approved religious or medical exemptions may be subject to additional safety requirements, such as submitting to regular COVID-19 testing and/or wearing a face covering in our offices.
WHY VOX MEDIA?
WHAT WE OFFER
This is a permanent, full-time position. This job is benefits-eligible. We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive benefits to support all of our employees wherever they are in life. You can find more information about our benefits here.
This position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Company & The NewsGuild of New York, CWA Local 31003, AFL-CIO.
OUR DEI+ COMMITMENT
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can show up as their authentic selves & create their best work. We recognize that great stories, platforms, products & services come from people with all manner of backgrounds & experiences. We recognize that our commitments require ongoing work & sustained attention, as well as adaptation to new insights & best practices. We keep our diversity data public for the sake of accountability, transparency & communication. Learn more about our values here, & our approach to corporate citizenship here.
Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law. Vox Media will also consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable Fair Chance laws. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations as part of the application process to candidates with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact our People & Culture team (email@example.com).
WHAT COMES NEXT
Our recruiting team will go through applications in a timely manner. Please note that our recruiting team will only contact you from @voxmedia.com email addresses, never via text message. Read more about how our recruiting team operates, & how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud, here.