Peloton is looking for an Accounts Payable Associate on a Contract basis. The Accounts Payable Associate provides financial, administrative & clerical support to members of the Finance Department. By processing, verifying & reconciling invoices, the Associate assures payments are completed & expenses are controlled by receiving payments according to established policies & procedures in an efficient, timely & accurate manner.
***Please note, this is a contract position.****
- Match purchase orders to invoices & enter invoices into computer
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries & comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts & cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports & recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling & preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies & documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pay employees by receiving & verifying expense reports for advances; preparing checks
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying & posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names & data
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate & effective document preparation & records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies & procedures
- Protect organizations value by keeping information confidential
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- 1-3 years Accounts Payable experience (with focus in AP Inventory is preferred).
- High School Diploma, Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards & compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel, including the ability to operate computerized accounting & spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail & confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving & decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening & written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress & time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving.We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom.We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors.Most importantly, we know that together we go far.