TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation & excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing & well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, & energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Are you excited about designing experiences that are changing the way people travel? Do you love doing work that is inspiring, innovative, & intuitive? Are you ready to help craft experiences that will define the future of booking?
TripAdvisor is looking for a talentedSenior UX/UI Designer to work on 5 parts of the TripAdvisor Media Group business: Flights, Car Rental & Cruise on TripAdvisor, & Cruise Critic, & SeatGuru. We are looking for a great multi-tasker capable of rolling up their sleeves to work not only on our existing products but helping to define the UI of our two newest launches: Car Rental & Cruise. As part of our team, your user experience, visual interface, & marketing design work will play a vital role in acquiring new customers & enabling millions of travelers around the world to research, plan, & book their perfect trip.
We are looking for a talented individual with experience designing responsive websites. Working closely with product managers, marketing managers, copywriters, & engineers, you will be responsible for creating intuitive interfaces & user flows that meet business goals & fulfill customer needs. Reporting to the Creative Director, you will work with a collaborative & supportive design team that works to push each other & our brands forward.
What will be asked of you:
- Follow a user-centered design process, understanding real user motivations, behaviors & goals
- Ensure designs communicate consistent, effective experiences & messages across all platforms
- Rapidly produce solutions using sketches, wireframes & prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining efficient
- Take full ownership & responsibility of your work for every last detail, every step of the way
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders & team members to brainstorm new products, features & functionalities that enhance our mobile app & web experiences
- Guide & share design & industry knowledge to help junior designers to grow
- Help create, maintain & enforce brand style guides, templates, & toolkits
- Light travel several times a year to NY/NJ area to collaborate with stakeholders
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience designing for web & native iOS/Android (agency experience a plus)
- Your online portfolio showcases your design chops & demonstrates originality, innovation, & strong problem-solving skills
- Youve shipped many responsive, iOS & Android experiences over the years, & understand what it takes to create intuitive, consumer-oriented experiences
- You have a people-focused design mentality & look to improve your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for preference tests
- Positive contributor that understands how to both shape amazing experiences as well as the power of prototyping & UI animation
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, & InVision (Principle for Mac experience a plus)
- Excellent & professional communication skills (both in conversation & in writing)
- Proactive & curious, & have high attention to detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, good time management skills & a great attitude
- You stay abreast of latest design & technology trends for all platforms
- Submission of portfolio is required
- Involvement in a variety of international & national projects
- Opportunities to contribute to improvement of key initiatives
- Happy hours & fun social gatherings
- Being a part of largest travel site in the world