Playbook leads at the intersection of the creator economy & digital fitness our goal is to build the worlds most incredible user experience & marketplace where a user can access the content, knowledge, & community from todays best content creators in fitness, wellness, & sports for one low subscription cost via the Playbook consumer apps for iOS & Android (4.9/5 stars with over 12,000 organic reviews)
We accomplish this by building the world's best tools for creators so they can publish content on their terms & have full ownership over their business. We built a business in a box via our Playbook Creator app that serves as an end-to-end business tool content creation, analytics, community engagement, etc.
We believe creators are the most valuable piece of the supply chain in digital fitness & wellness, so we aim to maximize their ownership & income potential by empowering them with world-class technology, data, & services.
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced product leader who is obsessed with user experience & will own the ideation & execution of our product roadmap. As our Head of Product, youll determine the best ways the product can meet our key company objectives. Youll define, prioritize, & communicate short & long-term product initiatives, execute the strategy, measure the impact, & relentlessly iterate to accomplish our goals.
Head of Product Responsibilities:
- Drive all aspects of the product development process across multiple products through execution & delivery from strategy & vision to discovery & experimentation
- Focus on building an engaging mobile experience that aligns with Playbooks mission
- Leverage data & insights to develop product strategy & inform decision making
- Lead collaboration between engineering, design, data, & marketing to define & execute a product roadmap that is aligned with the companys strategic goals
- Hire & scale the product team (as the first manager in our product org)
- Develop a robust approach to A/B testing, qualitative experimentation, & the integration of user feedback into our product development processes
- Help build a team across product, design, & data that is operationally excellent
- A life-long learner you clearly demonstrate you have a passion for learning & studying best practices in product & operational excellence (the expectation is you would master the digital fitness/wellness app landscape)
- 7+ years of experience bringing innovative digital products to market from within a product-driven technology organization (ideally mobile-first)
- Ability to envision & define product strategy by producing clear requirements & user stories (with a knack for product-driven growth)
- Adept at building, measuring, & reporting against fundamental business metrics & for experiments
- Experience selecting the right times to be scrappy & imperfect with the perspective of launch, test, & learn & when to launch a flawless product
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to develop & inspire product & engineering teams & great cross-functional collaboration
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills at all levels of organization & customers
- Passionate about building products that make a positive impact
- A deep desire to work & celebrate life at an early-stage start-up
- Experience with two-sided markets or subscriptions businesses, especially around content (not required, but a bonus)
- Fully remote role in a company with a strong international culture with members in the U.S., Poland, Spain, Denmark, Netherlands, & more
- Our culture is driven by trust & autonomy - you will have a big impact on a product with users worldwide
- Competitive salary (including equity & benefits)
- Flexible PTO, you can take vacation when you need it
- Membership to Playbook access to 60,000+ premium fitness workouts
- Apple equipment
Playbook has raised over $17M from top VCs & many high-profile executives & founders such as Michael Ovitz (founder of CAA), Ed Baker (former head of growth at Uber), Daniel Graf (former head of product at Uber), Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Alex Chung (Giphy founder), Renaud Visage (Eventbrite co-founder), Melody McCloskey (StyleSeat founder), & more.