We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will do
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will be part of the Data team, a transverse organization supporting our Business.
The Data Team has 3 missions :
- Accelerate the Business thanks to data & insights
- Support company transformation towards a Data-driven Culture
- Develop a valuable & actionable data asset
As BI Engineer @ TheFork, you will help the company leverage its data asset to make the right business decisions thanks to modern & cutting-edge business intelligence solutions.
You will deliver quality products conforming to business requirements, data quality, data management & business intelligence best practices using an agile methodology.
You will report to the BI Factory Manager and be part of a team of ~30 People including BI Engineers, Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Web Analysts, Data Analysts
As BI Engineer, you will be part of a team of BI experts which role is to
- Gather & understand business requirements (autonomously or teamed up with data analysts)
- Design & develop robust, scalable & industrialized BI assets (data integration flows / ETL, dimensions, fact tables, datamarts, dashboard/presentation tables, metrics, KPIs,) aiming to facilitate & make consistent the data consumption supporting Business teams in the monitoring of their performance & goals achievement
- Develop support approaches (documentation, communication, tooling, training, etc.) towards data & business teams to ensure progressive acceleration of the organization towards an easier & more systematic usage of BI assets in their day-to-day activities
- Play a temple keeper role to ensure that TheFork BI ecosystem develops in an optimal & consistent way (efficient, optimized, consistent overall metrics & KPIs, etc.)
You will have a bridge role between technology & business as you will partner with various functional (data analysts, business users) & technical (data engineers, product engineers, ...) teams in order to turn technical issues into user friendly, business oriented BI solutions.
You will be continuous-improvement-oriented
- You will identify areas of improvement to make existing ETL & reporting processes more efficient
- You will work with data & business teams to identify bottlenecks, possible solutions, & determine resource requirements
You will bring to TheFork your knowledge of the State-of-the-art for BI development (methodology, tooling, etc.)
Who you are:
- You are working in an autonomous, proactive, accountable & solution-oriented way: you dont wait to be told what to do. You deliver high in-depth & reliable analysis in a fast-paced environment, with excellent organization & time management
- You demonstrate an obsession towards excellence: you systematically consider that good is not enough & constantly consider how to improve & reach the next level of quality, performance & impact
- You play agile & fast: delivering in a fast-paced environment is an easy business for you. You are comfortable to manage several topics in parallel, with different stakeholders involved. You are familiar with agile methodologies.
- You bring the outside in: seeking excellence, you have developed habits to benchmark & consider how other companies are doing, what best practices could be source of inspiration & systematically consider how they can apply in your specific business context
- You have a Masters Degree from a Engineering School
- You have 6 to 10 years of experience in the Business Intelligence domain
- You have a sharp knowledge of BI practices: Dimensional data modeling techniques, ETL design, Reporting / Data visualization techniques
- You master SQL
- You master an ETL tool, ideally Stambia
- You master a reporting tool, ideally Tableau
- You are able to ramp up on numerous business topics quickly
- Your soft skills are a key personal asset to develop partnership interactions with other departments
Excellent French & English verbal & written communication skills (Spanish or other European language is a plus)
The position is based in Paris Or Nantes