Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
About the Role
Our Customer Success Managers help fully onboard our CockroachDB customers & lead them to fully utilize its potential, lead them to production, allocate resources, & alleviate roadblocks. We believe that in order for a Customer Success Manager to be successful, they must have a good understanding of database technology, the overall stack, & infrastructure that CRDB operates within. They must also possess excellent customer facing & consultative skills, with the ability to understand the customer pain points, define success criteria, critical milestones that lead to production, & project plans for success. The CSM will be a trusted advisor to the customer & thereby in collaboration with Sales, must understand how to get deeper & expand the account while preventing churn. Location is flexible for this role but you will be covering accounts primarily in the US.
- Own the overall technical relationship with assigned clients, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, & satisfaction.
- Utilize your technical skills to demonstrate value to customers & drive sales growth.
- Understand the drivers for the customer, define use cases & success
- Collaborate with the customer to define production date, milestones required to achieve delivery date, project plan & resource management
- Upsell services offering for Technical Account Management & Services packages
- Partner with the Cockroach Labs Sales Account team (Account Executive, Solutions Architects) to identify opportunities for new usage of Cockroach Labs across organizational functions.
- Develop & implement best practices, processes & tools which can continually enhance Cockroach Labss Customer Success Program.
- Understand how our customers are utilizing CRDB solutions & collaborate with Product on how additional features can be leveraged to increase functionality
- Function as a technical point of escalation for all customer related issues; ultimately responsible for the ownership & execution of tailored get-well plans while partnering with technical account managers & technical support to drive quick & efficient issue resolution
In your first 30 days, you will learn about CockroachDB & assess where the product would be a good fit for certain use cases. During this time, we also believe its important for you to establish internal relationships across sales, product, & engineering to effectively be able to navigate resources to help you in your efforts with customers.
After 60 days, you will be working very closely with the VP Customer Success & Head of Technical Account Management, to define repeatable processes for delivering white glove treatment to our customers & a methodology to reduce Time to Value bringing our customers into production.
- Strong experience with customer facing roles
- A basic knowledge of databases, distributed systems, & modern enterprise software architecture.
- 4-6 years of experience as a Customer Success Manager, Project Manager or Technical Account Manager with a proven success record.
- A degree in Computer Science or other technical major.
- Successful track record of driving product adoption & expansion through understanding the customer's current (and future) database requirements.
- 100% health insurance option (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Learning & Development budget
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.