Away is seeking a Senior Manager, Retail Marketing to lead marketing communications strategy & execution to drive quality traffic, engagement & conversion in our growing, global network of stores. This role connects our brand purpose & product strategy with the way we show up at retail through in-store creative, messaging, & visual merchandising. As the key liaison between Brand Marketing & Retail Operations, this person will ensure that our marketing communication plans are translated to our store teams effectively to give our customers a seamless online & offline experience. Were looking for a strategic leader who is equal parts art & science, with creative acumen & data-driven fluency to partner alongside our cross-functional teams. A passion for culture, creativity, & customers is a mustthis person will be the keeper & evangelist of our brand strategy to all of our retail teams. The role reports to the VP of Brand Marketing & is based in our SoHo, New York Headquarters.
What You'll Do:
- Champion our brand strategyacting as the key touchpoint on the Brand Marketing team for our Retail teams at HQ & at our stores
- Act as the guardian for our brand standards & guidelines across retail marketing communications
- Be responsible for driving retail marketing strategy & execution for all brand-led initiatives to drive traffic, in-store engagement & conversion
- Collaborate with Product Marketing, Creative, & Retail Operations teams to ensure our stores are prepared for new product launches with aligned positioning, collateral & talking points
- Work with our Visual Merchandising team to ensure our products & communications reflect our brand purpose & product positioning
- Partner closely with our Community Events team to support regular retail programming & event needs
- Generate new, creative ways to bring our brand to life in store that will drive engagement with our products & drive conversion
- Leverage shopper insights to enhance in-store messaging & collateral elements
- Build ongoing communications, information-sharing, & feedback processes with our retail teams to continuously iterate & optimize our in-store experience
- Develop & maintain key performance metric dashboards that track the efficacy of our Retail Marketing activity; share results, learnings & best practices across our retail network
Who You Are:
- You have 5-8 years of relevant working experience; brand management and/or retail marketing experience preferred
- You are customer-obsessedyou understand our customer & how to speak to them at every point of the marketing funnel
- You obsess over how our brand shows up & have exceptionally high personal standards
- You are familiar with brand strategy, creative development, retail execution & associated KPIshaving executed effective retail marketing programs at scale, driving business results & brand equity along the way
- You have experience managing retail marketing strategies across a number of product categories
- Youve led creative briefs & can deliver actionable feedback
- You have exceptional communication skills that can drive impact across teams, both local & remote
- You are culturally-aware & naturally curiousyou know what other brands are doing in the retail marketing space
- You thrive in a fast-paced environmentagile & nimble in both leadership & execution
- You are hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- You love to travel (but that's a given)willing to travel for work
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a modern lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to transform travel.
Since our launch in February 2016, we have become one of the fastest growing consumer brands in the world. We have sold millions of travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to nearly 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
In just over three years, we have already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Startup. We have also raised more than $156M in total equity funding to fuel our next phase of growth.
Today, were expanding into new travel product categories including apparel, wellness & lifestyle accessories as well as investing in the growth of physical retail in the US & abroad--with the plan to open 50 new stores in the next three years. Sound like something you want to be part of? Were hiring!