Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, weve helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
The business operations (BizOps) team at Better is responsible for identifying, prioritizing & solving Betters most critical business challenges in a fast-moving environment. We use a structured approach to drive company strategy across major business functions, develop operational plans to enable innovative offerings & lead execution against our recommendations. A shortlist of past projects include,
- Operationalizing a first-of-its-kind consumer offering that contributes the majority of the companys purchase volume today
- Developing & executing a capacity expansion plan to triple mortgage production capacity within 6 months (including the establishment of offshore teams)
- Enabling robust pricing strategies coupled with tight feedback loops through a series of data analysis, industry studies & customer interviews
- Understanding key drop off points in the customer conversion funnel & working with product, sales & marketing teams to address root causes
As part of the BizOps team, you can expect to actively contribute in the following ways:
- Identify, prioritize & solve ongoing business requirements for a rapidly growing company
- Gather & analyze information to generate actionable insights
- Monitor our external environment (e.g., market conditions, competitive pressures, regulatory landscape) & derive implications for the business
- Drive alignment on priorities across key business functions (e.g., operations, product, marketing, capital markets, corporate) through our strategic planning & OKR cycles
- Lead execution on major, cross-functional company initiatives
- You have 0-2 years of work experience
- You have a bias for action, as well as a knack for practical thought
- Youre eager to sharpen your data analysis, data modeling, slide writing & presentation skills
- Youve worked previously with an early-stage company or have tangible experience building something from the ground up
- You have excellent communication & relationship-building skills
- You are highly adaptable, & able to thrive in ambiguous environments
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.