At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Role
In this role, you will be focused on the build out & expansion of our global network. You'll work closely with CloudFlares SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team, & with various vendors & partners (including hardware vendors, datacenter & network providers, & ISPs) to maintain & improve our global infrastructure, & to plan & aggressively execute on the expansion of our network. You will further be responsible for the development & implementation of consistent processes & visibility measurements for consistent & effective management of our infrastructure. This is a highly visible position that requires deep technical understanding of datacenter infrastructure, networking (physical), & basic experience with data analysis & project management.
To be successful in this position, you should have excellent technical skills, communication skills, & be able to navigate a range of challenges & constraints (e.g. schedule adherence, time zones, & cultures). You will have the opportunity to (literally) build a faster, safer Internet for our millions of users & the billions of web surfers that visit their sites each month.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with internal teams (infrastructure, network engineering & SRE). Create documentation & manage remote contractors to complete datacenter installations & upgrades, including hardware manufacturers, datacenter & network providers, logistics partners & other service providers in support of our 120 & growing datacenter locations
- Build rack elevations, & work with remote contractors to rack & cable infrastructure globally
- Coordinate installation of cross-connects globally in support of physical network expansion
- Assist with the definition, documentation & implementation of consistent processes across all regions
- Aggressively seek opportunities to introduce cutting-edge technology & automation solutions that are effective, efficient & scalable in order to improve our ability to deploy & maintain our global infrastructure
- Limited travel
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Bachelors degree; technical background in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus.
- Direct experience executing on datacenter / infrastructure projects with many moving parts.
- Previous experience installing / maintaining datacenter (and other IT) infrastructure & DCIM tools.
- Experience running & improving operational processes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, & interpersonal skills.
- Must be proactive with proven ability to learn fast & execute on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to manage MS excel & Google spreadsheets
- Comfortable handling basic program management responsibilities (prioritization, planning, scheduling, status reporting) such as JIRA
- Experience managing remote contractors
- Multi-lingual; experience working with infrastructure in multiple countries
- Ability to write scripts for internal tool
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.