This is a remote position based in Los Angeles, CA USA.
Solution Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects & clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address clients business requirements. Solution Architects are responsible for actively driving & managing the technology evaluation & validation stages of the sales process. Solution Architects are the product advocates for GitLabs Enterprise Edition, serving as a trusted advisor to the client, focusing on the the technical solution while also understanding the business challenges the customer is trying to overcome.
The Solution Architect for Customer Success Initiatives provides the opportunity to help drive value & change in the world of software development for one of the fastest growing platforms. By applying your solution selling & architecture experience from planning to monitoring, you will support & enable successful adoption of the GitLab platform. You will be working directly with our top enterprise customers. You will be working collaboratively with our sales, engineering, product management & marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance & support through the entire sales cycle. You will have the opportunity to help shape & execute a strategy to build mindshare & broad use of the GitLab platform within enterprise customers becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, & technical challenges.
To learn more, see theSolutions Architect handbook
- Primarily engaged in a technical consultancy role, providing technical assistance & guidance specific to enterprise level implementations, during the pre-sales process by identifying customers technical & business requirements in order to design a custom GitLab solution
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate & execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of GitLab
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of GitLab, & participate in all levels of discussions throughout the organization to ensure our solution is set up for successful deployment
- Work onsite with strategic, enterprise class customers, delivering solutions architecture consulting, technical guidance, knowledge transfer & establish trusted advisor status
- Capture & share best-practice knowledge amongst the GitLab community
- Author or otherwise contribute to GitLab customer-facing publications such as white papers, blogs, diagrams or the GitLab Handbook
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be GitLab advocates
- Serve as the customer advocate to other GitLab teams including Product Development, Sales & Marketing
- Present GitLab platform strategy, concepts & roadmap to technical leaders within customer organizations
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, & developers
- Strong written communication skills
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal & external organizations
- Ideal candidates will preferably have 7 plus years IT industry or IT technical sales related to experience with a proven track record of solution sales expertise
- Significant experience with executive presence & a proven ability to lead & facilitate executive meetings & workshops
- Deep knowledge of software development lifecycle & development pipeline (planning to monitoring)
- Understanding of continuous integration, continuous deployment, chatOps & cloud native
- Experience with waterfall, Agile (SCRUM, Kanban, etc) & able to discuss workflows for different software development processes
- Experience with modern development practices preferred:
- Package Management
- DevOps Pipelines (CI/CD)
- Application Security (SAST, DAST)
- Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Application Performance Monitoring
- System Logging
- Experience with several of the following tools preferred:
- Ruby on Rails, Java, PHP, Python
- Git, BitBucket, GitHub, SVN
- Jira, VersionOne, TFS
- Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI
- Veracode, Fortify
- Artifactory, Nexus
- New Relic, Nagios
- Understand mono-repo & distributed-repo approaches
- Understand BASH / Shell scripting
- Ability to travel up to 35%
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Successful completion of abackground check
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on ourteam page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule ascreening callwith our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with theManager, Solution Architects, North America
- For an individual contributor role, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Customer Success peer & may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab
You will typically get 75% as base, & 25% based on meeting the global sales goal of incremental ACV. Also see theSales Compensation Plan.
Additional details about our process can be found on ourhiring page.