Squarespaces HR Business Partner team is looking for a Senior HR Business Partner to guide people projects across our Creative, Marketing & Legal departments & lead out on complex employee relations incidents across the company & strategic projects for the team. You will partner with management & employees on all things people-related such as coaching, compensation, organizational development & much more.
You can zoom out & keep focus on scaling for growth & retention. Youll also work with the broader People Team on programs to cultivate our unique culture & people practices. This is the perfect opportunity to further our culture of innovation, shape career paths at Squarespace, & redefine what it means to be a strategic partner.
You will report to our Director, Partners & Programs & can be based in our New York or LA office.
- Partner with leadership on organizational & people related strategy
- Coach managers on performance management, feedback, & professional development
- Be a trusted advisor in all areas of HR including employee relations, investigations, leaves of absences & compensation
- Develop People team programs focusing on retention, engagement, recognition, talent planning & performance management
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to be a trusted advisor to your client groups & become an expert on our compensation philosophy & practices
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to develop manager & team trainings focused on development, culture & career progression
- Partner with the Recruitment & FP&A team on strategic headcount planning & succession planning, identifying essential roles, opportunities to diversify our teams through external recruiting & internal mobility
- Work with the HRBP team to accelerate a culture of innovation & development while providing employees & managers the tools they need to be successful
- Manage the employee relations lifecycle including harassment & discrimination claims by creating investigation plans, conducting investigations, & partnering with the HRBP team to review & implement the outcome
- Escalate matters that pose a significant risk to the business to manager, VP, People, & CPO
- Refine existing employee relations frameworks, procedures & documentation with a global point of view, with a carve out for local legislation
- Build ER metrics to be reviewed so enhancements to the process can be made & to create positive change
- Stay current with applicable Human Resources-related laws, rules & regulations
- 15+ years of progressive, multidisciplinary HR experience, including 10 years as an HR Business Partner working directly with department executives & senior leadership
- 7+ years conducting ER investigations, partnering with & coaching HRBPs & managers
- Desire to push the status quo & find efficiencies in how we spend more time on impactful partnership with leadership
- A bias towards teamwork & collaboration - communicates often with peers, socializes work, & manages change with empathy
- A deep understanding of HR practices, including employment law & regulations, particularly California employment law
- Ability to travel for People team events or in person work with client groups
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.