The Culinary Product Intern will be responsible for supporting the Product team, inventory management, & recipe development. The Culinary Product Intern will help to keep the kitchen tidy, blend plenty of smoothies & keep all existing ingredients on file & organized. You will work out of our headquarters in NYC & report to the Product team.
What you'll do:
- Manage the receipt of various shipments from production facilities
- Produce & taste products from shipments to ensure quality standards are being met
- Receive & record new ingredients for recipe development & ingredient improvement
- Organize existing inventory & maintain inventory documentation for the Product team to reference
- Work with Procurement team to keep all ingredients on file at HQ for recipe development
Who you are:
- Current culinary student or culinary background preferred
- Detail oriented & incredibly organized
- Excellent communication skills - written & verbal
- Problem solver
- Enthusiasm to work independently & juggle multiple priorities in a fluid organization
- A love of smoothies, soups & everything Daily Harvest, & an appreciation for products made from whole, real ingredients
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, breakfast bowls, & lattes.
- A dynamic, ambitious & exciting work environment
- Competitive hourly compensation.
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.