At Squarespace, we help millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, commerce, marketing tools, & more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier & more predictable.
We are looking for a Staff TPM with 7+ years of technical program management experience to join our Presence organization. Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required
You'll manage the entire product development lifecycle, from creation through delivery. The products & features you ship, in partnership with product management, engineering, & design, will build products that help Squarespace customers bring their brands to life.
You will report to the SeniorTPM Manager of Presence & will be full-time remote or located in our New York office.
TPMs oversee the product development lifecycle end-to-end, including:
- Create clear & helpful plans for development throughout delivery (scope, milestones, tasks, roles & responsibilities, risk mitigation)
- Break down silos & bridge communication gaps across teams (Product, Engineering, Design)
- Bring discovery momentum from brainstorming to defined scope & requirements
- Track project status & report updates to project partners
- Coach teams on development processes (temporarily facilitating)
- Be someone who wants to improve delivery at Squarespace
- Collaborate with other TPMs & leadership members to solve our most complex problems
You will join a growing, accomplished team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer & business problems they're trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to create solutions to these problems
- Enlist support from peers, leadership, & other disciplines judiciously
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, & technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously & turn it into concrete improvements
- Guide their career development at Squarespace & beyond
- Foster an equitable & inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build relationships with other TPMs & your Product Management, Engineering, & Design partners through 1:1s & meetings
- Learn about the customer & business problems you'll help solve & the products & technologies you'll work with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams & partners today, so you can begin to improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace work collaboratively, are candid yet kind, & leave their egos at the door. We treat processes not as ends, but as means to reach our goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
TPMs at Squarespace also have the option to contribute to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to them, for example, joining or leading Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending (virtual) team events, & joining game nights.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Education reimbursement
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Cash Compensation Range: $115,500 - $227,500 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is an all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.