THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
The core responsibility of this role is to execute customer communication emails from end to end, including requesting creative, deploying emails via an ESP (Simon), & producing weekly analyses, including insights & next steps for testing & optimization. This role works closely with a variety of different cross-teams within the organization & requires strong collaboration, communication, & project management skills.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Oversee the development & execution of customer engagement, acquisition, & reactivation email campaigns
- Own & drive creative briefs, copy requests & updates for new & existing email programs
- Work cross-functionally with other marketers, product managers, engineers, & data analysts
- Synthesize & share results following each campaign (i.e. channel-level performance results, feedback from cross-teams & learnings/insights for future campaigns)
- Execute ongoing testing regimen (subject lines, layout, format, frequency, etc.) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement
- Works with third party email software provider to manage, execute, optimize email campaigns
- 1-3 years email channel experience, with hands on experience building & deploying promotional & transactional emails
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS coding preferred
- Experience with Simon ESP a plus, but not required
- Ability to work in a fast paced & progressive environment
- Highly organized & detail-oriented - can execute complex tasks flawlessly & with minimal oversight
- Strong communication & team skills
- Ability to understand & produce insights from email performance data
- Ability to work cross-functionally with the creative, product, data & engineering teams
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Simon Data, Looker, Amplitude, BigQuery a plus
- Bachelor's Degree with strong academic performance
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.