Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly (GA) is seeking a self-driven, Compliance Associate. This individual will assist in maintaining educational compliance across GAs business units. Regulatory compliance is an integral component of business decisions at GA & the Compliance Associate will be a critical part of the Regulatory Affairs team to ensure compliance obligations are met internally & externally with an emphasis in assigned areas of focus.
This is a temporary, part-time, hourly position working up to 20 hours/week until mid-June.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, the Compliance Associate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Prepares, writes & submits regulatory filings under guidance of Director
- Facilitating revision of documents as necessary to ensure regulatory compliance
- Gathers information & data from other business units & external resources for regulatory submissions
- Tracks submissions & ensure timely filing of documents
- Supports regulatory staff with project deadlines and/or research areas
- Maintains regulatory information databases
- Reviews technical portions of submissions
- Participates in regulatory audits as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically as well as roll up your sleeves to manage execution
- Interest working in a dynamic, quickly-changing environment
- You have excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A passion for education & for changing lives
- You bring a contagious positivity & enthusiasm to the teams you join!
- Plans & Aligns
- Time Management
- Priority Setting
- Written Communications