Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Data Scientist, Business Analytics to join our Data team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Oscar is restructuring health care to make it easy, affordable, & seamless for consumers to access high value care. Oscars data team is focused on pushing our understanding of this complex landscape. Insurance companies sit on a trove of data that is both broad & deep, spanning financial claims, clinical medical records, & rich product interaction data from our members. Connecting the dots across these datasets gives us unique insight into how the healthcare system functions & allows us to improve care coordination, better manage risk, build higher-performing provider networks, & create a standout consumer experience in our product. At Oscar, we are looking for bright & curious data minded individuals to join our team of 30+ researchers, data scientists, & analysts to leverage our efforts!
In this role, youll provide key data science & analytical support to the growth of our new lines of business such as Cigna+Oscar.
You will report into a Senior Data Scientist.
- Combining external market data with internal sales data to optimize our regional growth investment strategy
- Extrapolating trends to forecast future growth potential
- Building models to predict when & why a customer will churn - & what we can do about it
- Constructing master datasets to empower analytics & operations across Oscars business & product teams
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience or a Masters degree in a quantitative field with 2+ years of experience
- You use data science tools like SQL & Python
- You are able to navigate between high level strategic thinking & granular methods of problem solving
- Youre excited about being a decision-maker & a leader on the team
- You know when to look outside the data to solve problems
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.