Yext is the leading Digital Knowledge Management (DKM) platform. Yext's mission is to give companies control over their brand experiences across the digital universe of maps, apps, search engines, voice assistants, & other intelligent services that drive consumer discovery, decision, & action. Today, thousands of businesses including brands like Taco Bell, Rite Aid, & Steward Health use the Yext Knowledge Engine to manage their digital knowledge in order to boost brand engagement, drive foot traffic, & increase sales.
The Tools & Infrastructure team enables application teams to develop, build, test, deploy, operate, & monitor their software with a focus on engineering productivity & codebase health. We work on large range of projects, from migrating the entire application to Kubernetes to consulting with teams on their monitoring & alerting strategy.
A Day in the Life
- Maintain & upgrade our build system so that developers never have to wait long for compiles. Design & implement a remote execution & caching solution for engineers across two geographical sites.
- Evolve our Continuous Delivery pipeline so that the right tests are run on each commit, code inspections are automatically applied, & we can see quality metrics over time.
- Design & build tools to administer & comprehend increasing numbers of microservices. Define a set of a standards that services should meet & implement a service scorecard to judge service health at a glance.
- Build & maintain minimal & secure container images for applications to run in & provide docker support to developers.
- Build & maintain our development & production infrastructure to support the product's growth using Kubernetes & associated technologies. Help us achieve 100% Infrastructure as Code across a hybrid cloud / on-prem system running in a dozen sites around the world.
- Develop & maintain libraries in Java & Go for interacting with databases, message queues, & other infrastructure.
- Develop & maintain our tools & libraries for monitoring, alerting, & distributed tracing.
- Diagnose & solve problems across the application & infrastructure stacks in a Linux environment.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving technical challenges around developer & engineering productivity
- Design & build automated build, test & deployment infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, & maintainability
- Analyze & decompose complex software systems & collaborate with application teams to influence their monitoring & alerting practices.
- Communicate succinctly & in a timely manner with the 100+ engineers supported & propelled by our team.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
Yext offers the following exceptional benefits: competitive compensation, 401k, unlimited snacks, daily meal allowance, flexible hours/paid time off, & excellent health/dental/vision insurance. We treat our employees well & offer tremendous growth opportunities. Challenging work pushes our people to be creative in a casual environment that is caring, fun, & collaborative. We believe that when you have smart, happy people working together you can produce something special.
Yext has been named a Best Place to Work by Fortune & Great Place to Work as well as a Best Workplace for Women. Yext is headquartered in New York City with offices in Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Geneva, London, Paris, Tyson's Corner, San Francisco, Shanghai, & Tokyo. Learn more about the Yext team & culture on the muse, our website, & our blog.
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.