Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who care about empowering your peers to understand their services.
Observability Platforms is a small team focused on creating visibility into DigitalOceans services & infrastructure. Our systems collect billions of data points a day from thousands of systems & are used by hundreds of internal engineers. Through a mix of open source services & in-house developed software we seek to consistently & reliably improve the ability of DigitalOcean engineers to understand the behavior of their services.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Learning how our internal observability services are built, deployed, & operated.
- Implementing features to both improve the operability of our services.
- Working on user interfaces & APIs to improve the experience of people using our services.
- Providing guidance to other engineers on how they can best utilize our systems to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Becoming an expert at open source observability software such as Prometheus, Elasticsearch, & more.
What We'll Expect From You:
- A desire to learn about & participate in building & operating observability systems.
- Experience writing software in at least one programming language. A desire to learn Go if you dont already know it.
- A desire to learn how to operate & use observability & monitoring tools such as Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Grafana, & more.
- An ability to work well as part of a geographically distributed team.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are always striving to improve. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!